North American (or British) Steam 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by treid09, Nov 25, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

(NOTE) This is a copy of my locomotive proposal that I decided to move here to the actual suggestion thread (I didn't know this was here), so I am NOT trying to spam. A big thanks to hightower for letting me know that there was this thread.

I am usually only on the TS side of the forums, but I want to make a content suggestion for TSW that I think we would all want. Steam locomotives. For me, I love modern, North American steam the best, but I know that any steam locomotive would be wonderful. I remember watching a YouTube video where one of the lead developers (I think Matt was his name), said that the UE4 structure would allow anyone to build the physics of any locomotive, including steam. So, for the proposal, I would love to see the engines from Union Pacific's steam program modeled for this game -- FEF-3 844, Big Boy 4014, and Challenger 3985. I recently had the opportunity to get up close to a steamed up 4014, and it was beyond my imagination. The huge size of these locomotives would also make them a great candidate for DLC, besides obvious reasons. It would also be fun to include some new tasks to go along with the locomotives, such as greasing crankpins, checking and refilling the lubricators, getting samples of boiler water for analysis, etc. I would also love to see British steam as well, such as the A1 Tornado, A4's, or Black 5's. It would be amazing to drive an A1 on one of the modern UK routes. That would be another reason, I think , to do modern steam locomotives in TSW: they can be used in excursion service on current routes (if applicable.) I can't play TSW yet due to hardware limitations, but it would be awesome to have steam locomotives of any kind in this game. God bless. (None of these pictures are mine.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The UP steam program would be awesome. We could get the Sherman Hill route for TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

It would be awesome to have the program. And as for having Sherman Hill for TSW...... *starts to daydream*..... would be incredible! It would also be cool to have an extension of the line east of Cheyenne to North Platte, Neb, so we could walk out to Archer Hill and get a shots like these.

4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

If you reported your original post and asked it to be moved, you wouldn't need to make a new thread.

5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks. I'll do that next time.

6. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

If trains could talk, them UP EMD's would of been weeping passing 3985 and all them double stacked intermodals while they struggled with their small consist. I would love to charge 844 through Sherman Hill as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Heck yeah! I love me some 40-2s, but superpower steam is just the stuff of dreams. Can you imagine the engineer and conductor's reactions to seeing 3985 round the curve? ;) I would love to see one of UP's steam stars pull another double stack today, but I don't think they will. I got to watch 4014 fly by me recently, and it was incredible! The first time I saw it, it was rounding a curve and I was so stunned (first time seeing a mainline steam locomotive), my mouth was open and I forgot to pan the video camera. I got to get up close, I mean REALLY close, to it the next day while it was on public display and steamed up. While I was taking pictures of the running gear, eccentric crank and link, valve gear, and force-feed lubricators, you could hear the boiler and feel the heat off of the firebox!

• Like Like x 1
  8. treid09

treid09 Guest

I wanted to add this video of a cab ride that I saw last night. Listen to the exhaust sounds and the movement of the running gear. Glorious!

• Like Like x 1
  9. treid09

treid09 Guest

Okay....these are not the aforementioned locomotives, but I had to share these videos. Consider these also candidates for TSW creation. I got chills watching these.

10. adelicate balance

adelicate balance Member

I'll take literally any steam locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

LOL same.