PlayStation Japanese Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people would like this route, in the fall survey they asked if we would be interested in routes from out parts of the world so you never know!

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I remember being very interested in this route for TS20xx, only the reviews said it was full of bugs so I stayed away. (EDIT: Which appear to have been fixed meanwhile) If a hypothetical TSW version would turn out better made, it would certainly be worth a look.

As would be the two Japanese routes from the original MSTS, come to think of it. Tokyo commuter rail with 2000 and 7000 series, and, what was it? Kyushu Rail, with KIHA 140 and another DMU? Blast from the past anyone? :)

As with almost all really good looking routes for TS20xx though, this one was not made by Dovetail.

But yeah... we need no editor for TSW. Would only lead to crappy unofficial content, right?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see something outside UK/US/GER, so i would certainly purchase it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Strangely/coincidentally I've been watching a few Japanese routes via cab ride videos recently. There's some really interesting scenery out in the country combined with dense networks around the cities.

According to the manual here that'll be the KIHA 31. Definitely a blast.

6. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I would love to see some Japanese routes in TSW but I don't expect to in this lifetime. Look at how many routes are available for the original Train Simulator 2020... the vast majority are US, UK, and Germany. There are two Japanese routes, maybe 4 or 5 Chinese, 1 South African, one French (plus extension), and a few other European routes. I predict that Train Sim World will continue this rotation between US, Germany, and UK for the foreseeable future. I filled out the survey knowing that they will not expand from that range.

Heck, the original has only two Canadian routes! I would love a Canadian route for TSW.

7. Sozer

Sozer New Member

I would love to see this route in TSW too. I never bought it, but I watched some videos about it.
    Like some of you said it is an interesting scenery and I like the wagons as well.

• Like Like x 1