Route Proposal: New Mexico Railrunner & Bnsf Gallup/ Clovis Subdivision

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So another proposal for a route would be the New Mexico Railrunner and one of the BNSF Mainlines that operate West/East of Belen NM, the Clovis Subdivison or Gallup Subdivision. This would give us another commuter rail, as well as a high speed BNSF freight line located in the Southwest United States.

Railrunner
    [​IMG]

The New Mexico Railrunner is a commuter service that started in July 2006. It runs from the State's Capitol of Santa Fe, thru Albuquerque all the way down to Belen. A route that is appx. 97 miles long, and currently has 15 active stations. It reach max ridership in 2010, but has been in decline since. This route used to be part of BNSF's line that crossed over Raton Pass, very few BNSF trains still use this route, although I believe the Albuquerque yard is still in use. Amtrak's Southwest Chief also uses this line, stopping in Albuquerque, then heading west to Gallup or east to Lamy.
    [​IMG]

BNSF Gallup/Clovis Subdivision

The 2nd part of this route could also feature part of the Southern Transcon, based around the BNSF yard in Belen, the route could go west on the Gallup Subdivision or East on the Clovis Subdivision. Alternatively, either subdivision could also be made separate from the New Mexico Railrunner and be its sold as its own route.
    [​IMG]

Gallup Subdivision

The Gallup Subdivison between Gallup and Belen would be Appx 145 miles, and could also include the Lee Ranch branch line between the coal mines in the area (Which is ran by the Escalante Western Railway). This line also crosses the Continental divide east of Coolidge. The line could also feature Amtrak's Southwest Chief as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clovis Subdivision

The Clovis subdivision runs east of Belen. The route could cover the 108 miles between Belen and Vaughn, where the BNSF tracks cross over and interchange with the Union Pacific Line. It could also reach further, but the city of Clovis would most likely be out of reach for the route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock

Rolling stock for the New Mexico Railrunner is fairly simple. As they only use 1 locomotive, the MP36PH-3C (9 total), and Bombardier Bi Levels and Cab Cars.
    [​IMG]

BNSF's rolling stock would the usual modern requests (Evo's,Sd70's,Dash 9's,SD40, Geeps etc...)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Love this idea and you found amazing pictures!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ATSF 801

ATSF 801 New Member

id but this for 50 bucks man cause how good this is!

• Like Like x 2
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I totally would love this. BNSF is my favorite railroad. The route needs a BNSF ET44C4, GP60 (or maybe a GP60M & B), Amtrak Genesis P42DC with Southwest Chief consist, and the Railrunner consist with MP36PH-3C. I'd like to see ATSF engines, too. An SD45 or F45/FP45, C44-9W, SD40-2, GP60, or GP39-2 would be awesome. I'd also love the ATSF #3751 4-8-4 as DLC with an excursion passenger consist.

• Like Like x 3