PC Need Help Getting The Hud Back

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wanhedaking, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Wanhedaking

Wanhedaking New Member

Kids playing at the keyboard while Train Sim World was running did something and the HUD (the one in the lower right hand corner of the screen) disappeared and was replaced by something that looks like a compass ufa.

I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to undo whatever made this happen. Is there a way to reset TSW to the original settings?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Taken from the manual...

When seated in the Engineer’s/Driver’s seat, the Head Up Display (HUD) will be visible in the lower right of the screen. The HUD provides an ‘at-a-glance’ summary of critical information relating to the status of your train. If you wish, you can also turn off all elements of the HUD using the F1 key or you can hide just the element shown below using Ctrl + 5 keyboard shortcut. Below is an explanation of the individual elements that make up the HUD. Note that the HUD is dynamic and presents different information depending on the train you’re operating.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Press F1 (toggles HUD)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

F1 clears or returns all info from your screen.
    If you still have destination in top corner or speed limits and lever/ button descriptions when the cursor is over them, then press control f5.
    F1 - info on or all info off
    Ctrl f2 - motion blur on/off
    Ctrl f3- frame rate tracker on/off
    Ctrl f4-toggles various things such as stop markers. Waypoints etc(can be sorted in main menu also)
    Ctrl f5- hud in the bottom right on or off.
    Ctrl f6- more toggling ie can turn the AP score display off and various other things.
    Ctrl 8 toggles 3 variants of the cursor dot/target solid dot/ half visible or invisible.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

I had this where I accidentality pressed `e` and stood up (in a tunnel so it was pitch black and it really wasn't obvious what I'd done). The compass is the "walking around mode indicator". If this is the case you need to look round until you find the seat then press "e" to sit down. I think (someone should correct me if I'm wrong) that ctrl-0 returns you to the last-sat-in seat and so might work too.

Of course, I suspect this is of limited use 2 months later

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beerkan

Beerkan New Member

Go to your GameUserSettings.ini file and delete it.

Find it here.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

These will be re-created when you next run the game. You may have to re-enter your graphic settings but at least your HUD will be back.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Interesting that people say thing like "I've looked everywhere" but the Manual does not seem to be one of the places they have looked.

8. lactic#5649

lactic#5649 New Member

Hi, is this still applying to TSW4 ? Actually I am with an AZERTY Layout keyboard and when I press CTRL+F4 nothing happen, I can't cycle through all hud elements.