Switching Hand Points In Ps4 Via The Map

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by rick.mcfc, Dec 12, 2019.

1. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Hi all,

In various instances on NTP and Tees Valley when shunting in the yards, it is necessary to switch the non-signal controlled hand points manually.

I have seen in various videos online (of the PC version) that these can be switched using the map by simply clicking the points and they switch accordingly.

In PS4 I've tried this and nothing seems to allow you to click the points to switch them within the map. Instead I have to walk all around the yard switching the points by hand, which is quite tedious!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Works fine for me on PS4. The only time you need to walk to it seems to be where it's part of a scenario and you have to be at the marker for it to acknowledge the action. Otherwise, just zoom in right on the map and click the dot, then you'll see the direction marker switching between rails.

On NEC freight services in particular, where you need to make sure you're hooking up to the right cars, you can scroll along and follow the blue path marker, checking each point is taking you in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Thanks. I've tried zooming and clicking the arrows, but nothing happens. What buttons are you pressing to do the switch?

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think it's the X button. However to save both the map and walking you can (from within the loco) use the free camera to "fly" to the various points and change them from there - as if you were on foot. You can then still check on the map to see if the route is set correctly. Much quicker. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are you getting the highlight with the instruction [ X - Switch Lever ]? When you click X, the purple direction line that's highlighted switches between tracks to show point change. Make sure you're right over the arrow, sometimes it's fiddly to get it on there.

Train Sim World_20191213103753.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Thanks for that. I get the 'X' option as you've shown, but click it as much I want, nothing happens!

Given the above that Factor41 has shown isn't working for me, I'll give this a go. Sounds like the alternative answer.

Thanks both.