Help Wanted: Kcs Shreveport Subdivision Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treid09, Dec 4, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello everyone, I am starting this as a sort of crowd-sourcing thread. I was asked a while back by elyonpc, a member of these forums, to help him and another community member on a KCS route. I thought I would be able to provide more help than I actually was able to, so I wanted to start this thread to get as much help as possible finding information on this route. These guys have done a super job on this route, and since KCS will not give a license to create official DLC, they are filling a void in the train simulator community that has been needing to be filled for a while. Any good pictures for KCS rolling stock repaints (freight cars, locomotives, etc.) are needed, and if anyone can please post them to this thread, it would be much appreciated. Any other information on the route or on KCS in general would also be helpful for these fellows. I know there are many railfans on these forums who can help, so please give any assistance you can. Below are screenshots of the route and repaints that elyonpc has completed. Thanks for your support and God bless. (NONE of the screenshots are mine, all sent to me by elyonpc)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

REPAINTS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

That looks GOOD! :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

I'll be looking for progress on this as well..Looks great!

• Like Like x 2
  4. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

There are about four of us working on creating all this content. We are actually going to do us much of the US KCS network as we possibly can. This is be one single route released in stages, just like the Powder River Basin and Montana Rail Link projects being worked on in the Railworks America forums. Hope to bring some real KCS content to Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

• Like Like x 1
  6. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

Yeah, I have seen these and no offense to Jerre but those side logos are kinda small. I thought about redoing them and making them look like the ones I saw running through Joplin, MO all the time.

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Yeah, they are a little bit.

8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

IDK if this is of any help, but found this weathered KCS SD70ACe nearby a few months ago., though IDK if you guys are focused only on the grey KCS schemes or the modern ones too.
    [​IMG]

Also rrpicturearchives may have some decent locomotive shots depending on what you're looking for. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=KCS

• Like Like x 1
  9. treid09

treid09 Guest

Nice shot!

• Like Like x 1
  10. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

We are working on the Belle paints as well. I love the weathered SD70ACe and will see if I can make it. I have a Grey Ghost of that engine that I made in 4k. I also have clean versions of the Belle and deMexico, but a weathered one would be cool too.

• Like Like x 1