East Coastway, Class 66 Confusion!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by J4mes, Dec 13, 2019.

1. J4mes

J4mes Member

Good Morning,

Could anyone shed any light on this subject for us please, while going through menus on East Coastway last night, opened up the locos section in Timetable and was slightly confused by the option of having to choose one of three Class 66!! One in DB Red but two in EWS red/yellow.

I know the recent update changed a few things on the existing one from GWE, but still a little confused about why one has turned into three!!

2. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

It is indeed a bit confusing. The only two things i spotted to be different between the GWE and ECW ones on the selection screen is that the ECW one is a lot louder with the idle engine sounds and is slightly closer to the camera if that helps. I guess when DTG finishes porting the improvements onto the GWE one, they will probably remove the duplicates :). Cheers

3. J4mes

J4mes Member

Do you know what, I thought the same about the camera proximity thing!! And indeed the idle volume but didn't see any other noticeable differences. I guess the only way to to see which is the latest version after the updates is to drive all 3 back to back and see which one is better! Oh well more time to spend driving this route!!

4. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

That is one way to be sure. The BR Class 66 is a really fun loco to drive. You will have a great time whichever you choose to drive ;). Cheers

5. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Where are the cabinets that you can Set AWS?

6. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

The TPWS/AWS isolation switch is in the right cabinet behind the driver's chair. Second or third row from below. It is clearly visible as that square with the switch has a black background. Cheers

7. rhysdabeast0011

rhysdabeast0011 Member

Train Sim World® 2020-18c24ee3-8ead-4b53-8e2e-081ebb13f785.jpg

• Like Like x 1