PlayStation Cab Sway

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BROCK, Dec 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Has it been applied to all the DLC's and the core game, I haven't been able to try it yet. I hope it's in NEC.

Thanks

2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Yes BROCK, it was implemented for all trains across all routes, I hope you enjoy it! NEC feels great with it!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes this feature is on all routes

4. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Thanks,

• Like Like x 1
  5. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Thanks,

6. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

When I saw this thing added to the game, the first thing I did was to go and try class 43. And boy, was it a bumpy ride. I was sure it's going to derail at some point. Feels scary.

7. Joel Hazeldene

Joel Hazeldene New Member

I thought it was a bug at first. I have noticed the first person view camera whilst in the Drivers cab seems to shake and wobble when driving at speed in any locomotive and on any line. I thought I was going to derail and crash my trains.
    When did this start happening on TSW2020?

Kind regards.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It was a big Winter Update that was released to consoles two days ago, and released on PC yesterday.

9. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Although I welcomed the idea, and still think head away is a great idea, I've had to turn it off as I find it's too much and makes me nauseous. Mind you, VR also makes me feel that way so I'm glad I'm not playing it with VR as well :) (if it was possible, of course). Hopefully there will be a way of adjusting the amount of sway in the future.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  10. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

I think it works better in train simulator. For tsw it feels too exaggerated. Definitely needs some adjustment, but it's a step in the right direction from dtg, finally adding useful features that people actually requested. I really hope it will be fixed soon, or at least some slider to adjust effect intensity or something. It seems to work a little better on german routes, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

I'm looking forward to trying it on MSB and RSN, freight runs.

12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi, I always thought head sway would make for a better driving experience and after spending some time with it, I do think it really adds a lot to the game. Can it be a little to much when your traveling 80mph in the M7? Yes, but even then I think it’s better then the static camera we had before. I saw in another thread someone had suggested the reason it feels so out of control is because our view is very close to the windscreen so we can’t actually tell what’s causing the head sway. If there was a field of view slider so we could see more of the cab while it hops around it would feel a lot better. To simulate this they suggested next time your driving, try to stand and crouch behind where the drivers seat is to get an idea of how that would improve head sway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its really added something to all the routes, but MSB is a great experience with cab sway.