PC Tsw-our End Of Year Report!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Dec 13, 2019.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hello fellow train enthusiasts,
    It’s been an exciting year for us, and is by far the best year yet for Train Sim World. We saw a lot of content this year whether it be routes or locomotives. Whether you enjoy a certain aspect or everything TSW has to offer there has been something for everyone whether we were climbing up the steep grades of MSB or cruising down the 50 mile Peninsula corridor or departing from the modern Brighton station. Trains always look forward and us TSW fans tend to do the same. I wanted to take a second to look back at this year and to ask what was your big moment in TSW? Something you were extremely excited about or that made you enjoy this hobby even more whether it was a certain DLC or update or just an accomplishment you were striving for. Please feel free to share your favorite moment in TSW in 2019. I would like to add that I am grateful to be apart of this community as it has matured and grown. You all are some of the most enthusiastic and smart bunch I have ever had the pleasure of talking to and I can NOT WAIT to see what 2020 has in store! Thank you for your time!

• Like Like x 12
  2. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

These things I very like during this year.
    • Physics improvements in the diesel locomotives.
    • Head sway
    • Peninsula corridor
    • Main-Spessart Bahn
    • Sand Patch Grade (they fixed light problems)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Walking the NTP and taking the time to appreciate the route was a fun highlight, and seeing how the routes have developed over the year has left me feeling very optimistic about TSW unlocking more potential in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Improved diesel-electric physics
    Headsway
    Peninsula Corridor route

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive really enjoyed this simulator since I bought it August 2018. It does feel however that this past week has been an absolute game changer in terms of TSW starting to stand alongside TSxx. Headsway and the level of detail in the latest route but yet smooth running on all platforms has been really impressive for me personally. Just to add something that hasnt been noted in these forums I dont think. There are animated waves in the sea at Newhaven.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did you notice the flying sea gulls too?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The Class 31 for TVL/WSR/ECW. It's the best UK locomotive DLC to date. Good physics, great sounds, nicely detailed model, passenger and freight scenarios as well as services across three different routes.

Mods appearing on http://www.trainsim.cz which for the first time allowed locomotives and rolling stock to be used on routes for which they were not originally available for; This has expanded the gameplay despite the continuing absence of the Editor and is greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Certainly heard them. Havent seen them, havent looked hard enough tbh.

9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I think the physics on the Class 377 and the sounds are top notch. Really makes me feel I am driving a real train. And the sound upgrades have me feeling so immersed in the environment.
    The Class 31 also as mentioned is another one for my top UK DLC for TSW. It is an all round winner, Physics, sounds, Timetable/Scenarios. Matt mentioned on his recent stream of the ECW route that the Vegetation adapts to the seasons and changes amount, colour. A nice little touch.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

I am really pleased with how DTG improved scenery quality these last few routes. After MSB which was not satisfying to me scenery wise, they kept improving with TVL, SFJ and even more so with RRO and the latest ECW. I mean when you compare ECW and NTP which are one year apart, the difference in scenery is significant.

11. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Yeah graphically, Tsw is extremely good compare to others train simulator.
    But it almost becomes a problem too. If they want to sell routes to 30 dollar then they must do the routes shorter with this quality.
    Marias pass (in Ts2020 or MSTS) would have cost well over $ 100 with this quality. (maybe not, there is a lot of forest there)
    So we are prepared to pay $ 60 or more for a longer route. I am.

12. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I joined in May and quickly bought all the available DLC ... one every day. Until today I almost hit 500 played hours. To deactivate more helpers and to activate security systems I dug into Wikipedia and this great community to learn the signaling. Today I can tell if my S-Bahn commute will be on time by just watching the signals at my station ;-)

It seems like I don't have to look any further. Bought everything and enjoy my virtual train rides, even my wife is getting used to me playing with my train rather than her hahahaha

Headsway in combination with the realistically sound gives me goosebumps of this immersion!

Was a very interesting year so far

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The solution to that would be extend by 30 miles at a time..

• Like Like x 1