PC (poll) Requested Features/core Game Additions For Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 8, 2019.

?
  1. Variable adhesion/wheel slip

44.5%
  2. Variable/changeable weather

59.7%
  3. Cab/camera sway whilst driving

55.5%
  4. PIS - announcements and working display screens

59.7%
  5. Random infrastructure/train faults and failures

45.5%
  6. Disruption caused by adverse weather

35.1%
  7. Other (comment below)

9.4%
  8. Improved/more detailed 2D map to include labels etc

36.1%
  9. Time skip feature

13.6%
  10. Teleportation

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Your screen capture comes from TS, I think. While it was sometimes helpful there, far too often the items included in it were not accurate and therefore more annoying than helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

That's usually because the route builder was making mistakes rather than the HUD creating errors, it's the age old 'garbage in garbage out' issue. Usually the HUD works well if the route is built correctly. The most important thing is that the route is correctly signed and signalled; Too many times there are speed limits which are not sign posted or out of nowhere there is a short section of 5mph on a 60mph straight track which someone forgot to change.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

What helped for me is upscaling (135% on WQHD) with TXAA but I am totally with you, it annoyed me AF, too. Generally speaking there is something wrong with shadows, maybe try setting them the medium

4. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yes, it was, as an example of what I meant. I know that it can be inaccurate but as I said in that post, it could get some touching up for TSW.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can put the TSW info in the top corners instead of the bubble-like markers.

6. Random Railfan

I know that, but the TS20-style diagram would still be a nice option for those transitioning fully from TS20 to TSW. It may just be personal preference but it does feel more practical.

If anyone here frequents the TS20 forums and knows me from there, don't worry, I'm not one of those people transitioning to TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Great thread and nice to see Matt participating in the discussions....I'm sure I speak for the whole community when I say we would like to see alot more dev feedback/interaction (where possible) and appreciate it when it does happen.

As far as the poll goes...I voted for variable weather, weather disruptions, random disruptions, cab sway & 2D map improvements. Out of those, I think my #1 want is variable weather as it will go a long ways towards improving the immersion (as it did in TSxx).

Having to activate/deactivate wipers, headlights, adjust speed etc according to weather patterns would be awesome and add so much. It's nice to see that it has been well thought about already in the DTG offices...I really hope to see it in the sim soon :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. VION

VION Active Member

As I voted for Others things, I wish to get the avalaibility to move the driver point of view to the back like to simulate the Moving back of the driver seat to be able to catch easily all the levers and switwhes on the Dashboard on certain locomotives like the Class 37, Class 40, GP-38 etc...using the mouse pointer.

9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Some lights would be nice. Its a bit dark in Stalybridge on this winters morning (o730ish).

20191114163121_1.jpg

20191114163203_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

Just a small thing, but it would be nice if we were able to sort the routes in the selection screen. Like a personalized order so you can select your favourite routes quicker and dont have to click through the menu. (Especially useful once the editor will be out and more routes will appear)
    upload_2019-11-14_18-56-6.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

better to spend this engineering capacity on the content editor first, I think. That really is the first thing I would love to have. I am looking forward to see an update on that topic.

BTW I really enjoy your answers Matt.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a good thought, but maybe some guidance would we wise. You gave a lot of information which I really like (except the lack of news on the editor :(). We would love to have some influence which features we may get. So present something that is realistic and give a few choices, but only one to choose. I think it would give great information. I like these poll and they always result in loads of ideas, but it never leads to any conclusions because of divergation. Maybe I will give it a try for you and combine something with the contributions with most upvotes and ask people to improve the proposal. Would be nice ....

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Wouldn't cab sway make it harder to use the various buttons and controls in the cab? With some cab controls on PS4 it can be quite tricky to get your pointer in the right place even with the cab staying still, and there's no zoom function available to make the buttons bigger in your view. If that would be the case, I wouldn't want cab sway, so I would hope that if it was introduced you could turn it off as an option.

• Like Like x 2
  14. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

It would, yes. Just like it does for real train drivers, bus drivers, pilots... that's another reason you shouldn't try to fiddle with the radio knobs while driving ;)

For the vehicle body shifting on its bogies, it's of course the horizon and everything else behind the windscreen that should lean, not the cab. Because the driver sways with his loco in these cases.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I imagine getting a cursor onto a real button or switch would be just as hard as on a screen but not getting your actual finger onto a real button or switch ;)

16. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I play on PC, so I hadn't thought of that factor. But I really don't understand the strong desire for cab sway at all. It wouldn't mean much to me.

On the other hand, we all have our different needs and wants, which is kind of the point of this poll.

• Like Like x 1
  17. thearkerportian

Talking from the experience of trying to change the radio station or operate the satnav in a moving car. (I wasn't the driver, just saying)

• Like Like x 1
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

That’s true if we’re talking about a camera mounted to the cab windscreen.

Though that is not the case for a human sitting on a seat in the cab. Of course the driver sways with the movement of the train, same with the passengers. It is impossible to keep completely still whilst the train is in motion.

The problem TSW has is when you’re driving or sitting down on a seat in a train, the camera is clipped to the interior of the train, so you get no sway/head bob at all. Not even a millimetre.

For me personally, this is one of the biggest immersion killers whilst driving. Everything feels far too still as you get no sense or feeling of movement/speed.

• Like Like x 5
  19. thearkerportian

Yep. Feels very MSTS-y.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I wonder if this poll kicked DTG up the backside or if it's just a happy coincidence?

21. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

All in London Midlands choices I selected because all of it is relevant but we can cross off head sway.

22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Camera/head sway have proved to be the most popular so far and it’s good that DTG finally implemented this. Although I see this poll as no relation or coincidence as they’ve probably been working on it for months.

Next I want to see the second most popular choice in TSW - working announcements and displays, preferably on both trains and stations. Hopefully DTG is working on this feature.

• Like Like x 4
  23. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Matt did mention this on the stream. The new Matrix displays on the 377 are part of larger work on a PIS.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Well if that's the case, it's disappointing to read in another thread that there is no PIS on the outside side displays and inside displays of the 377, that would of been showing some improvements at least - would of nice to have seen "This train is for......" "Next Station Stop is......" whilst in passenger mode

• Like Like x 1
  25. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It would be very nice if routes that meet each other in TSW already could be functional connected. So we could drive a 60 miles long freight service from Wuppertal Steinbeck to Finnentrop. Or we could leave a NEC train at Pennsylvania Station and jump into a LIRR train.

The German diesel shunter would be nice too, so that we could use the very good modeld Aschaffenburg port.

Freight action on RT would be a good addition.

More freightcar substition on different tracks would be useful. For example the new freight cars for ECW would fit good in GWE.

Highspeedtrains like ICE or class 800 and american heavy freight action would be a good addition too.

Even I wrote a lot of things above I want to express my opinion that TSW how it is at the moment is a very very good trainsimulation. I was never disappointed after buying TSW content like I was by other games.

• Like Like x 6
  26. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  27. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I find using rotating knobs in the train cab with the mouse to be a bit clunky. Understand that you need a way that doesn't spoil it for those using a controller. But, could we have an option to move the knob by moving the mouse in a particular direction? So, if the knob had 4 positions then you could left click it and drag left, right, up or down. Not sure it would always work but once you knew how to use it, it might be more intuitive than the sliding scale that we have now. Obviously the movement for xbox controllers would remain as it is now and enabling this could be an option in the settings. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just want to thank Matt for his immersive participation in this thread.

29. Random Railfan

I know I do this a lot, but why the downvote?

30. Random Railfan

Oh yeah it's really clunky

31. thearkerportian

Because that photo was taken at an entirely different time of day and lighting situation. Of course it's not looking that shiny then ;)