West Coastway Mainline And Or Brighton Mainline (parts)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LT586, Feb 22, 2019.

1. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

We've not seen this in TSW or TS1, between Brighton and the West Coast.
    It's a 62 mile route, I know 52km is about as much as we'll get as its a99.86km route but maybe half of this to Bognor or something or even Portsmouth.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coastway_line

Whereas the Brighton Mainline https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_main_line
    is 81km long.

And that can run from Brighton to Three Bridges or Haywards Heath, to include Gatwick Express Services, Thameslink, and Freight with branch lines to either Selhurst Depot or Three Bridges Depot; so a route that has two depots similar to GWE etc.

I feel that third rail will be a first in TSW, and what better a route, or routes to try. As this has branch lines for commuter operations, it would add a little extra and with the recent destination displays; great performance even in the rain on MSB. I hope for a UK route this is something to consider *Fingers Crossed*

Is this something people would enjoy as a modern UK route? (I'm going by my locality)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
  2. RabidUnicorn251

RabidUnicorn251 New Member

Probably Portsmouth to Brighton would be more likely due to the large amount of work required (designing 44 stations* + 62mil of scenery), but even so.

Now that East Coastway (Brighton to Eastbourne/ Seaford has been released, there's the opportunity for a 'West Coastway/ South Coastway' or Brighton Mainline. Simply based that Brighton station already has been designed and rolled out with East Coastway. Plus the mass popularity of Brighton Mainline mentioned/ requested in other posts.

Maybe with the addition of the Class 313 too.

But understandably, if there is the chance of this being developed or in development now. It would most likely be released after a few other UK DLC's to allow DTG to release more variety of UK routes to support their player base.

Atleast we know now that South Coastway rail routes are being considered, and positve actions have been taken by DTG to design and develop an impressive small but sweet East Coastway DLC in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  3. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

This is probably the most asked for route so hopefully there making it now

• Like Like x 7
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

*now only 43 stations they'd have to design :D

Matt said in a stream recently, they're looking at new techniques of route building that would allow for much bigger ones, so Brighton to Portsmouth or London MAY actually come one day. He didn't seem too certain this new tech will work.

• Like Like x 4
  5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Need to hire the community, we’ll help

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

The bigger the better the longer the better, that's just my opinion of course. It still sucks going to Reading and terminating there.

• Like Like x 4
  7. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

With Brighton already built, I do hope they return to extend it to Hastings or even Ore. a bit of end to end routing would be nice instead of midway, granted mention of longer routes seems to upset some (not really entirely sure why imho) I would happily pay for extra sections

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogerayres

rogerayres New Member

Brighton - Portsmouth in the 60s then we can use diesels and steam if they are made.

• Like Like x 1
  9. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

If they did the Brighton mainline and they had to do it in parts I say it should be from west croydon to london via crystal palace

• Like Like x 1
  10. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

No it’s got to be from Gatwick to London or maybe Brighton straight away

11. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I completely agree especially with the HSTs because part of the great feeling of driving HSTs is walking up to the rear power car, starting the engines, walking the length of 2+8 formation and seeing a busy train full of passengers, setting the office up (front cab) and finally driving it hundreds of miles to Cardiff/Swansea/Cheltenham/Bristol Temple Meads/West Super Mare/ Exeter St Davids/Oxford with a wonderful conservatory-like cab because of how open the HST cab is.

Taking it only to Reading, only about 30miles/25minutes away just numbs that feeling as well as making it boring due to the repetitiveness of it. No real chance of doing any nice high speed stops unless you’re stopping at Slough.

But the simulated HST is poor as I’ve explained in detail before so I hope they expand the route but more importantly fix the HST brakes because they are way off real life as well as other flaws with them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1