East Coastway Signals

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Trainman525, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am currently using the timetable free roam with the class 377, and I found that the second service I take gave me random yellow aspects where they should be green and AWS alarms for signals that are showing Green. Even a SPAD for passing the entry signal to Brighton on a yellow with a platform indication. I find that the first train I take is fine but when I change (without going to the menu) to do the return the signals play up, particularly between Lewes and Brighton.
    I don't have screenshots but I feel that I have explained the issue well enough.

Attached Files:

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The numbers from the signals themselves would be useful information to know.

It's worth noting that some signals can only display yellow/red on approach to a terminus as the final 'signal' is the buffer stop, which is effectively a fixed red, meaning the preceding signal will only ever be yellow/red. There's often approach control at junctions where the diverging route has a lower speed limit, so a signal will be held at red, giving yellows on approach, until the train is near, as a means of slowing the approach to a junction.

You shouldn't receive a SPAD for passing a yellow signal. It could be possible you misread the signal for your track and the signal for your track was a red adjacent to the yellow. real drivers sometimes have issues with this especially where there are multiple signals on a gantry. They will usually be noted in track maps as a 'Multi-SPAD Signal' if it's a common one to cause confusion.

3. Trainman525

No the signal was definitely Yellow it was T700 although it gave me a SPAD when passing. I have found that the issue has resolved itself now so I am hoping it doesn’t occur again!

4. Trainman525

The signals that were yellow were automatic signals, therefore they shouldn’t be yellow unless the track section ahead was occupied. That still doesn’t explain the AWS alarms for green signals that are definitely showing green!