PlayStation Zoom Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mestdagfilip, Dec 16, 2019.

1. mestdagfilip

mestdagfilip New Member

Hello,

Can You zoom in on the instrumentboard with the PS4 please !
    So yes, how do you do it without keyboard.

kind regards

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The simple answer is no not at present, even with a keyboard. The zooming you see on videos is done via the middle button of the mouse on PC and since the mouse isn't supported yet within TSW we can't access it - disappointingly.

There is a way to enlarge areas of the screen using the PS4s accessibility options but I've never used it. I don't think it's quite the same though.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah its not the same. Its a PS4 core function meaning that when you zoom, the game dosent know it, so all you get is a low res enlargement.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Ah I see, the fuzzy bits get more fuzzy. ;)

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Instead of the zoom, for the EMS2000 panel for example, there is an internal camera you can select do get a good view of the buttons. Not ideal but it works.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. mestdagfilip

mestdagfilip New Member

Thanks !!

8. mestdagfilip

mestdagfilip New Member

Just started, still learning a lot:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Grab yourself a USB Keyboard (if you havent already) and download the manuals (from steam if you have a PC).

10. murphytwenty

murphytwenty New Member

Don't know why they can't allow you to use zoom function on all the trains that don't have any use for the up or down d-pad buttons, all the trains I always use, those two buttons have no use, also if that's the reason they won't allow ps4 customers to get the option to remove the speedometer huds then that's disappointing because I was playing the northern trans pennine route on night settings and it was looking amazing but any chance of immersion was taken away every time I forgot to ignore the big hud at the right of screen. Surely for those who know the routes and just want to select a service you'd think they'd at least add the option in settings next update. As for zoom, if there's no buttons left on the controller then they can add an extra configuration that lets you choose between keeping right (d-pad) as is, for quick use of wipers, or option 2 simply swaps that for press right and the screen will zoom for 2 or 3 seconds, as holding right obviously brings up the lights/aws etc. Hope this makes sense. No but Ps4 content is full price, so it should be looked at, I read x box works with a keyboard and if true they should know that ps4 doesn't.