PC Ecw: No Victoria - Eastbourne Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by YackSchmitt, Dec 16, 2019.

1. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Is there any particular reason the Victoria - Eastbourne and vice versa services have been left out, these services leave the ECW at Lewes, taking ~20 minutes to reach Eastbourne making it a longer journey that the Brighton - Lewes service.

Just seems odd.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Been wondering that too. I hope they're waiting for another certain EMU to be finished to have more services on the eastern half of the route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Cant imagine it not being a 377 to be honest, checked on RTT and its the only service missing off the (fantastic) route.

Don't want to sound like a moaner as the route is cracking, but it would've added nicely to the traffic at Lewes.

4. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Actually I am mistaken here there is also an hourly Victoria - Ore service missing as well as an hourly Victoria - Eastbourne service.

5. thearkerportian

Sure, but don't forget the 377 is four cars each, and the 313 is three cars, meaning they can't be swapped via substitution as of now. Meaning, they muste leave some free capacities for more services somehow, and also not plaster the 377 over everything there possibly is to do with it.

6. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Well in that case the 313 should've been made with the route to do the Brighton to Lewes/Seaford services as the 377 runs the fast services from Victoria - Eastbourne/Ore.

7. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Probably means Victoria will be added at some stage, as Preston Park is just past Brighton going North, although haven’t walked yet on the route. I am speculating on a non speculation thread but, am hopeful, they’ve shown they can do it when they push for a modern route

8. thearkerportian

I just took a look at the route in Google Earth, and what shall I say?

LondonRoad.PNG
    This is clearly not a 377 :D

EDIT: At Moulsecoomb, there's another one travelling in the same direction. Though, taking in consideration how aerial and satellite photography works, it might well be the same one.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

If that's the case though, DTG has already shot itself in the foot giving all trains on the Seaford Branch 4 car 377s. I don't think it's an issue making everything 377s temporarily. DTG has already done this in DLCs like Caltrain where there are more F40s than there are road numbers irl as filler for MP36s. Unless they are going to surprise us with a route extension, I'd say bring on the 377s lol.

DTG should definetely explore adding the rest of these services in as it would allow us more varied services. Maybe we can drive London - Seaford/Eastbourne services starting/ending at Lewes. Would definitely add more elements to an already robust service mode timetable.