Xbox One X Heavy Haul Challenge Nec

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Viking, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Viking

Viking New Member

Hi everyone. While waiting patiently for the famed sand patch grade to hopefully come to Xbox I found a fun alternative.

After a very eventful 7 hours, I finally assembled all 216 cars & 8 locomotives that can be found on the NEC free play scenario map. Although the fps took a massive hit it was a very enjoyable experience. Setting the train up and just trying to get it rolling was the best challenge I've had so far with TSW.

Surprisingly I was also able to get the full train running at a maximum of 116 km/h. I recommend the challenge to anyone with an Xbox one x. I tried to get it running on the og Xbox but after 100 or so cars the fps was non existent.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Nice one

3. Viking

Viking New Member

Thanks Mr T

Just adding a video showing some of the fun along the way. A collection of derails and 2 terminal breakdowns where the lead locomotive engine over revs to 350 km/h before shutting down for good. I have no idea what happened both times but it looked expensive :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So cool. I wish i had the patience to set that up lol.

Obviously that frame rate wouldn't be acceptable in a paid release, but do we think HH would be quite that bad? How long do the trains get on that route? If it IS that bad and unfeasible to fix, i wonder if they'd ever consider releasing it as a freebie just for people to mess around with?

5. Viking

Viking New Member

Yes my patience was tested many times lol, and still is as I am changing the consist up to see if there is any effect on top speed, braking distance and fps.

As for your other questions, I think the debate has been covered in other threads here and the consensus is no chance of HH on consoles. I did a search for the longest train possible in HH and according to the quote below it is only 110 cars. The forum member I'm quoting also set up all the cars on the NEC scenario on a high end pc.

6. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

A train that long would be right at home on the Sand Patch Heavy Haul route.