PlayStation Ntp Br Freight - Brakes Help.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bkulesza, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I'm having trouble with releasing the brakes on Class 40 in van movement services. I follow steps in the manual, change the brake air/vac switch in cab 1, but something is stuck.
    I did try searching & found nothing.
    I can get started out of the yard that is opposite Manchester, bc it is flat, but it screeches like brakes are on & needs a lot of power. Later there is a service that starts you on a 1.0%^ grade & I cannot get moving at all, with either the 40, 45, or 47. Please help!

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Have you got the brakes set correctly for the rolling stock you're hauling? For the 12t Vans you need to have it set to Vac Goods, for the TEA Tank Wagons you need to have it set to Air Goods.

Do the gauges show the brakes (both air and vac) are released?

Is the handbrake on the locomotive and wagons off?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Wagon brakes are off, handbrake is off, gauges are good. Here's the thing: I thought it needed to be air-goods, not vac-goods. I misunderstood that somehow. Will retry when I get home.

4. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

That was totally it - brake selector needs to be VAC GOODS. I was led to believe it needed to be AIR GOODS by the manual, I missed the stipulation, if it was there. Thank you Digital Draftsman for clearing that up!! I'm off to Leeds.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Glad to have been of assistance! Unfortunately you'll often find that the manual isn't very clear or it contradicts what you're told in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1