PlayStation Help Needed Regarding Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jordanb123, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Hello, I’m looking for some advice. I’m considering getting the east coast way dlc for tsw I have both PS4 and pc versions of the game my pc is medium spec and probably wouldn’t get the best frame rate out of it although I’m debating getting it for the PS4 too as I feel that the view distance and overall graphics of the game would not be as good and whether in future there will be workshop projects for the dlc on pc. Any suggestions/advice welcome on which platform I should get it for.
    Thanks, Jordan.

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The PC only has advantages over the console, so if ECW runs well enough on your PC, I'd get it for the PC. Don't forget you can buy ECW through Steam, play it for an hour to gauge the performance and then get a no questions refund from Steam if the performance is bad. So long as you have played under two hours Steam will do a no questions refund.

PC has Mods which means you can use locomotives on routes they can't normally be used on. For example the Class 09 on ECW:
    20191219115729_1.jpg
    Class 31 on NTP:
    20191118230625_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Thanks for the swift response. I just have a feeling that it will not work as wanted due to the fact that gwe does still cause lag issues at low graphics and that is a pretty low Density route in terms of scenery detail. I’ll give you some of the root specs of my pc.
    Amd fx graphics card
    8GB of memory
    3.4ghz processor

4. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Sounds like you lack a dedicated graphics card so will be limited to using your onboard graphics.
    This means in graphical terms your PS4 is going to be quite ahead in terms of performance so you'd be best off purchasing it for PS4 if you have no plans to install a graphics card in the future.

I'd note in your OP you stated you have a Medium spec PC but the reality is that your PC without a graphics card isn't truly suited for demanding games and would be considered low end as a gaming machine.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Ok thanks for your honesty and response I will take into consideration these points and will probably get it for my PS4. once again I thank you for the responses.

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have it on PS4 and no complaints at all

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Yes are you from YouTube if so I believe iv seen one of videos of ECW.

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The very same. Thanks for watching mate

• Like Like x 1