PC Raildriver Coming For Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobsr, Dec 19, 2019.

1. bobsr

bobsr Member

Information:

Raildriver script is coming for TSW. See below.
    https://www.railsim-fr.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12446-tsw-et-raildriver-cest-parti/&page=2

The link is French. Google is your friend.
    After reviewing the work that has been accomplished by the author, and, not being an current owner of Raildriver, I immediately ordered one from Amazon.

Also, I want to wish happy holidays to all of the modders out there that have made this sim, recently, much much more enjoyable.

Thank you all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Not official support...but good to see someone out there has managed to get it working via scripting. That should keep alot of people happy :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Great to hear.

Maybe I missed it but he hasn't published this yet correct?

4. bobsr

bobsr Member

The developer has got the configuration finished for the (HST), and the Heavy Haul locos. He is now working on GWR locos. He is also going to buy one German Route, now that steam Xmas sale has started. He will be working on those locos.
    Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of latency.

6. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Cool! I just found this but haven't tried it yet. Time to dust off my Raildriver and try it out.

Gandalf published the script here. Version 1.4 is out and supports several DLC now. He was busy over the holidays!
    https://www.railsim-fr.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/1682-train-sim-world-raildriver-interface/

Jeannot41, regarding the latency, this is a result of how TSW works. Anyone that creates an axis to keyboard mapper like Gandalf's scripts as well as my Thrustmaster TARGET Script for the Warthog Throttle run into this because TSW enforces minimum keyboard press times to get a lever to move. We are limited by how quickly TSW will allow keyboard inputs to occur.

For example, the Class 43 HST throttle has 6 positions. You have to press the A key 5 times to go from 0 throttle to full throttle. But to get the lever to move, you have to hold the A button for approximately 100ms minimum to 200ms max. Hold A less than 100ms, and the lever bounces back to the previous position. Hold it more than 200ms and it jumps two throttle positions. Plus there needs to be a small delay between each key press. So it takes over a second to get the Class 43's throttle lever to go from 0% to 100%. Making an axis to keyboard mapper is easy, but dealing with these latencies is the painful part. And the key press times are different for different parts of the lever travel. For example, many locomotives require 400-600ms to get the Automatic Brake lever to move into Emergency Braking (as it should so you don't do it accidentally all the time). But you have to tap the ; or ' keys for < 50ms to get the lever to move just a small amount.

I did a video which explains axis to keyboard mapping in TSW and the issues to make it work well. What I say about my own script is the same kind of issues Gandalf had to overcome for his script. Here's the link for anyone that is curious: