Bug Report - Ewc Aws Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by rick.mcfc, Dec 20, 2019.

1. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Hi all,

Been driving various timetabled services with the 377 and there are several erroneous AWS warnings when the signals are showing clear. I’m currently driving 5C05 ECS move to Seaford and every signal
    I’ve passed I’ve had a warning on the AWS, even though every signal has been showing a clear aspect (green).

Just thought I’d report this and see if anyone else was having similar issues?

Thanks.

2. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

This happens to me when I save my progress, and then come back to it at a later date, it also happens in GWR route too. Its been happening since the release of TSW on the PS4. I hope someone from DT picks up on this.

3. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

You can recieve AWS alerts from green signals if there is a significant dip in speed limit ahead, I believe the green signal aspects in ECW that still chime are all related to speed drops.

4. rpb1966

There is no speed drops, it only happens when I save the route and then go back to it this happens, what's more its actually a speed increase, and aspects are green.

5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Ive had them on PC without saving and reloading, without a speed decrease associated with them. Im hoping it is something that can be looked at.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2019
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I've had this issue several times and it's not been connected to saving the game as I never save.

7. rpb1966

I hope you read this DTG!.

8. segladman1

segladman1 Member

Hopefully I can explain why this happens without rambling on too much,

Between Brighton and Lewes and on towards Newhaven there are two types of signals used. These are ‘Stop’ and ‘Distant’. A Stop signal can display red, yellow or green aspects, a Distant signal can only display yellow and green. A Distant signal works a bit like a banner repeater. When a banner repeater is at an angle, it means the next Stop signal is displaying a proceed aspect (yellow or green), when it is horizontal it means the next Stop signal is red and you must stop. Similarly, when a Distant signal is yellow, the next Stop signal is red, and when it is green, the next Stop signal is either yellow or green. If the Stop signal is yellow, the AWS for the Distant will go off despite it being green as it is repeating the aspect of the Stop signal. As mentioned above they can also go off for speed changes. Distant signals can be identified by the white triangle above the signal number on the signal plate.

Hope that clears it up. The one thing that isn’t working for me is the banner repeater on approach to Eastbourne. Always horizontal despite a yellow on the home signal

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I find that very hard to believe, besides there are false AWS warnings when the stop signal is also at green. If a distant signal is green there should be a clear AWS chime also as the AWS is for that signal not the next stop signal at yellow. It's a clear bug in the game.

10. segladman1

segladman1 Member

It probably is a bug but thought that may of been a plausible explanation! But I agree with you that there are some false warnings that shouldn’t happen as well