Throttle Off

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by bleahy, Dec 21, 2019.

1. bleahy

bleahy New Member

I am using TSW 2020 on PC.

I am running the Peninsula Corridor but I don't anything in the manual (from Steam) about this railroad or its locomotives.

Is there one available somewhere?

I'm looking for the manual because of a problem I'm having with the F40PH 2CAT CT97 locomotive.

I don't know if this is a bug or proper behavior and if it is the latter I want to know if I can recover from the problem.

I have discovered that using the keyboard to increase and decrease the throttle it is possible to set the throttle to off.

I can do this by setting the throttle to zero (Idle) and then hitting the throttle decrease button a few times and when I do the throttle indication become a yellow 1 and the indication is Throttle STOP not throttle IDLE.

Once this happens I cannot get any power from the engine. I can put the throttle to any power setting but the gauge stays at 0 and I have no power.

If this is correct behavior (I notice I cannot do this with the mouse) is there a way to reset?

Thanks

Here is a photo of the condition:

2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

There is no forward indicator selected

3. bleahy

bleahy New Member

It doesn't matter if it is selected or not. Train will not move.

4. bleahy

bleahy New Member

Just to be clear I have tried all kinds of things to try to make the train move once it gets into this configuration:

Cycle brakes
    Move reverser to every position
    Move throttle to every position
    Turn off switches
    Start engine (Z)
    etc.

5. bleahy

bleahy New Member

From the Steam forum I found this:

<<This happened to me several times after accidentally setting the throttle to "stop" by holding the "D" key too long after the throttle is set to "Idle". I don't think you can put the throttle into "stop" with the mouse - it only happens if you hit the "D" key again after the throttle is at idle.

I thought it was PCS at first, but the light wasn't on and the PCS reset procedure didn't work.

To get the train running again, I had to set the Isolation switch to "Start Stop Isolate" then hit the start button (or the "Z" key"). Don't forget to set the Isolation switch back to "Run" after restarting.

Hope this helps!

Matt>>

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Awesome help. I had the same issue. Not sure why it happened.

7. Joe Cormack

Joe Cormack New Member

Thank you so much bleahy!!! I was going nuts about this issue!!! And battery switch solves that all... Thanks again! :)