Tsw: Explore The Coastway!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 12, 2019.

1. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I got some around lewis early morning,

2C73 by any chance, yes i believe this one is a bug, other TSW pages ( social media) are having the same issues

2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

This is a bug and has been logged. You can spawn in at 23:30 and take control of the service then complete the run into the depot.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

Anyone else noticed that when you take over an 8 car unit, the connecting doors in the middle of the train will either be closed or they will be visually open but physically closed until you close and open the yellow doors?

• Like Like x 1
  4. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I hear from Squirrel that Just Trains are making scenarios now for Train Sim World, I don’t know if anyone has anymore info on this but I would love to know if third parties are creating

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I heard the same on Just Trains twitch channel the other day he mentioned that they were making stuff for TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

So we’ll see a new type of DLCs with scenarios ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

That is a killer if they’re making addons for TSW, which is nice to know that there’s a window of improvement ahead, with Cab Sway now I’ve spent some time with GWE with the Class 43, feels awesome to get the movement at 125mph

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I think one of the big positives about the cab sway is that it shows DTG are listening to feedback and providing features. Sure we all have our personal shopping list so not everyone will be happy but if 3rd party colleagues are working on products as well then momentum really is starting to build towards a positive 2020.

• Like Like x 9
  9. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Sounds great the more content the better and Just Trains produce great quality add-ons in my opinion. Only thing that bothers me is that I find I dont play scenarios repeatedly. After a couple of runs it gets less enjoyable. I hope that the option to modify scenario weather is included (provided the scenario is not weather themed). That would add more playability.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Michael Newbury

I agree with you Just Trains do produce some of the best content out there, hoping that they can produce services that are different from the other so that it does not feel repetitive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

So you’re all as curious as me; I know they can’t confirm but if anyone does have anything. Definitely keeping me ear to the ground

• Like Like x 1
  12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I believe Just Trains put out this scenario in TS2020 where you have to snow plough the tracks. It seems like they do make interesting scenarios.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Anybody else having the AC background noise which cuts out over points and then cut back in again a few moments later cut out permanently just before Berwick when going towards Brighton? Then if I exit and spawn again at Berwick and join the service there I get a red signal about half a mile out the station towards Brighton despite nothing being in front. Happened twice now on two evening services.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Newbury

Yes I have also encountered this issue, I thought it was just due to changing third rails from one side to the other.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That happens when going over areas where there is a gap in the third rail.

• Like Like x 5
  16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Which is actually a great feature! You can actually feel it cut out as well with the new head sway feature!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Pretty close to the real thing.

• Like Like x 5
  18. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Lol you all not used to third rail trains it seems, apart from LIRR shouldn't be too unfamiliar, happens on the underground all the time here, the tube lights go out and cut back in again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why are SDO not working for the doors for shorter stations ?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

Because TSW doesn’t have SDO yet.

21. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

You can opt to open only the doors on the front EMU, so if you have an 8 car train you can choose to open only the doors on the front 4 cars. The 'DOOR RELEASE' button opens the doors on the EMU you're in (i.e. first four cars), the 'ALL RELEASE' does the doors on the whole train (i.e. 8 or 12 cars.)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

If this is true would it be possible for ps4 and Xbox also or just for pc

23. Michael Newbury

DTG said with the editor in the hands of 3rd parties such Just Trains content would be for all platforms. The only issue they need to work around is end users who make workshop content how would that work for PS4 and Xbox

• Like Like x 4
  24. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

That's something that crossed my mind a couple of times as well. Not just consoles, but also PC: Before DTG can release a new DLC, both routes and locos, they first need to bring out a compatibility update, else it won't work. Ask the Aussies and Kiwis who sometimes get the release order messed up. With a handful of commercial 3rd parties producing content that would probably work, but with something akin to the Steam workshop, not so much. They need to come up with a different solution there.

25. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I think the SDO function is coming as we now have cab shake, hopefully this is a feature too. Good to know there is progression with TSW.
    I do like TS2020 but it IS starting to feel really dated now.

• Like Like x 1
  26. bart2day

I stopped at Falmer on the 15:30 Hastings service out of Brighton and switched to external camera and could hear quite loud cheering and singing coming from the Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium? Anybody else discovered this?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

TS2020 does feel dated....but alot of people (inc. myself) have invested alot of cash into TS DLC so I don't see it going anywhere soon. The route/loco variety is leagues ahead of TSW, but it has been around for alot longer and of course 3rd paty tools are avail for it

Even so, I find myself playing TS less and less these days as TSW offers a much more immersive experience across the board. The only 'immersion feature' I would really love to see brought over from TS now is dynamic weather, rather than having one weather system locked in from the outset. Having to adjust your speed/lights/wipers in response to weather changes would add so much imo.

• Like Like x 5
  28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

So english people are like Canadians in winter ? 6E6B4F42-3F3C-47D8-BCED-603A4DFEA00D.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  29. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

What services have you uncoupling and coupling if you get me like.

30. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

Agreed. Although the DLC is still pricey, TSW is, undoubtedly, representative of the next generation of train simulation!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  31. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Northerners are, he must be on holiday visiting the South Coast. Any soft Southerner would be inside moaning.

• Like Like x 2
  32. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Mostly early morning/late evening empty stock moves

• Like Like x 1
  33. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just stumbled upon this video and want to thank you for submitting it. Not only is it a pleasure to watch, but now I finally know how a driver handles seeing where he's going while shunting: leaning out the window with his right hand on the throttle!

• Like Like x 2
  34. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Does SDO actually work then on preview video Matt said SDO wasn’t featured on it

35. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Also another thing worthy of note is on your point of the Mitrac how clever that is when the destinations are stored as plain text the destination Translation system that takes the plain text of destinations and Renders them into true to life LED displays that look every bit authentic as a Mobitec led bus destination dot matrix that in itself is a fantastic work of art and good use of technology

• Like Like x 1
  36. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

SDO button does not work but selective doors using either Door Release or All Release. Only if train is 8 cars
    Class_377_Doors.png

37. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Errmmm... this is what a font is. Your web-browser is doing it too but doesn't seem to be generating the same level of excitement. Ultimately a bunch of very clever stuff is happening to make it happen but rendering text as a texture in a game is hardly groundbreaking technology at this stage.

• Like Like x 4
  38. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

As Doc says its common in OMSI 2, with much more advanced matrix configurations.

• Like Like x 1
  39. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Displaying destinations, scrolling or static, really isn’t ‘revolutionary’ or ‘next-gen’ and should’ve been supported since GWE was released.

As already mentioned, much older games support this and are more advanced. So you’d expect TSW to do this at minimum.

Also TSW still can’t display calling points or even have functional customer information screen on platforms.

Come on DTG, what are you playing at...

• Like Like x 6
  40. Digital Draftsman

People's expectations for TSW do seem surprisingly low. World of Subways 1 has an on-board announcement system and it's a stand-alone simulator from over 10 years ago. I can code invisible markers into TS2020 scenarios to trigger onboard announcements to be played, and I'm far from an expert at coding. It's not a difficult thing to implement, so I don't understand why DTG haven't with TSW.

Same goes for things like SDO; Rail Simulator from over a decade ago would only open doors next to the platform, so why doesn't TSW have this as standard? Why are there no station names on the map? It's not difficult to put a name on a map, it's a basic and a fundemental feature of a map.

The expectations are so low that when DTG announce a basic feature which should have been implemented from the beginning, people actually get excited about it. It's like buying a car and then getting excited because it has a horn and windscreen wipers.

• Like Like x 10
  41. Anthony Pecoraro

Matt said he doesn’t want the names on the map to get cluttered like in TS1.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Digital Draftsman

That's a rubbish excuse. Either create it in such a way that it doesn't appear cluttered (e.g. text that scales, or a single station name which breaks down into individual platform names as you zoom in) or have an option to turn names off and let individual players decide if it's too cluttered.

• Like Like x 8
  43. bart2day

Digital Draftsman you are so knowledgeable. DTG should really offer you a job on their dev team but my guess is they are scared you would ‘rock the boat’ too much.

• Like Like x 5
  44. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the giggle bart2day, that’s a good one!

• Like Like x 6
  45. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Most people for TSW are seasoned modding teams and creators, I dgress look at this

For anyone at DTG willing to take UE4 to a limit

• Like Like x 1
  46. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

“two hours route” I bet most people begging that EC should be longer won’t finish half of its real length because it’ll become too long and boring

• Like Like x 2
  47. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Personally I don't enjoy driving for more than a hour so am not worried about route length, although it would have been nice to see ECW go to Hastings just for a bit more operational interest.

I am sure there are many who do like longer routes and it would be good to see them in the future, maybe if DTG manage to speed up development time. However I would rather see more variety of shorter routes rather than less routes but longer ones.

• Like Like x 6
  48. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Two hour services in MSTS or Zusi 3 did not get boring, so much I can say for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  49. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Dovetail want only fast money for the DLCs, that’s why they work not hard enough to bring every feature from real trains like EBULA for DB Trains or Destination Infos on the Stations since 2 years.

Same with only creating short routes and missing important trains or Locos on routes like a DB BR 111 Loco for Rhein-Ruhr Osten or Main Spessart Bahn or the DB BR 425 Train on RSN, RRO und MSB or the Baby Bullet Cars on Peninsula Corridor, and none was coming as DLC also or more Lirr Trains.
    If dovetail want making a Route, they should work for bring every real train for the DLCs and get the License to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  50. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

they mentioned that they were building a library of building the Dual mode diesel locomotives for the Lirr back in 2018 after they announced the lirr Dlc?

• Like Like x 1