PC I'm New Here

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by lynn_morton3500, Dec 23, 2019.

1. lynn_morton3500

lynn_morton3500 New Member

Okay, I'm completely new here. I don't have a train simulator but I like what I've saw on Youtube. What will I need to buy? I expect that would be a route a locomote and some coaches, but anything else? Will I need a wad of money like Harry Enfield?

• Like Like x 1
  2. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

If you buy the collectors edition, you get 8 routes, 8 locos, 2 dmu's and 2 emu's and 3 cab cars and a selection of passenger and freight cars for around 50 euros. I think that is good offer for the begin.

3. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It doesn't cost a lot to get started with TSW.

Assuming you're on PC, I'd recommend this pack if you like American stuff: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/377757/
    Currently 50% off at £19.99. Gets you the base game, which includes CSX Heavy Haul (American), as well as 5 additional routes (including 2 American ones.)

You could alternatively get this pack: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/377756/
    Includes CSX Heavy Haul plus 4 additional routes, for £14.99 in the sale.

Both packs include locomotives/wagons/coaches etc for each route.

The base pack will probably give you enough entertainment until the next sale rolls around. Unless you see a new DLC which you can't wait to get your hands on, it's usually best to wait for a sale, which on PC is very often, either on the DTG store or Steam store.

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

First you need to be clear whether you're buying Train Simulator (TS) or Train Sim World (TSW). The former has less demanding PC specs and a wide range of routes while the latter requires a more demanding PC spec, but can also be run on Xbox or PS4, however there is a much smaller range of routes available.

Whether you're buying TS or TSW then as mentioned above make sure you buy a bundle for best value for money. This will give you a number of routes comprising a mixture of locomotives, multiple units, coaches and wagons.

Jargon buster: DMU - Diesel Multiple Unit, EMU - Electric Multiple Unit.

• Like Like x 1