Bug In Keyboard Support For Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Roodkapje, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Roodkapje

Roodkapje New Member

On my PS4, I use to play with a keyboard. However, braking via the Apostrophe Key (') does not work and seems to be bugged. Releasing the brake with the Semi-Colon (;) works fine however. I hope the devs will address this in the next patch for Train Sim World. Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

Yes to me too
    -The main brakes command (') doesn't work
    -mouse doesn't work
    - possibility to set command? Not found

3. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I don't think the keyboard is officially supported on TSW, it's one of those things that's transferred over from the PC version by accident. I think the missing commands maybe because the PS4 for some reason doesn't recognise those keys. If it is that's not really up to DTG.

However an "easy" fix would be to allow us to map the buttons as we wanted so we could avoid the "missing" keys.

And yes add mouse support while they're at it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Would be good if the keyboard was fully supported, definitely makes certain things easier and quicker to do, and also allows a lot more in terms of personalisation....
    I think I only truely found the external views manageable until I rigged up a keyboard.... Well worth the £15....

• Like Like x 1
  5. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

I agree with you PjM, keyboard works by accident.
    But i bought a keyboard and mouse recently (officially because of TSW) and i discovered that on GTSport works even the mouse, and its a only ps4 game!
    So for TSW should be not a problem let keyboard and mouse works.

On pc manual i found all the keyboard commands and works mostly all, but without the command of the main brake is useless i have to brake with L2 and also i have to move the visual with the pad.

Would be very great if K and M could be supported

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I knew the mouse is supported on the PS4 but didn't know it was enabled in GTS, I'll have to give it a go. It's a shame more games don't support it

It would seem easy just to look for a mouse as an input device. I've mentioned before that I suspect that because of the reduced textures on the consoles maybe a zoom via the mouse, like on PC, wouldn't look very good. Maybe that's a reason it's missing. It would just be nice to be able to select things easier though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

I dont think the zoom is a problem when if you overspeed the railway disapper... and the fps are about 10
    They just didnt thought about use mouse and keyboard on consolle

8. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

A new mistery
    I bought a new keyboard because I had the suspect that the problem was the keyboard (for the main brakes command), I just found that the handbrake in the 1st I had, the Bluetooth one, works instead in the new wireless one not.
    Amazing isn't it?