Evga Precision X1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Dec 26, 2019.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This software is now available at no cost from Steam. Perhaps naively, I've installed it and experimented using it with TSW 2020. My graphics card is a 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA). It doesn't really seem to have much effect on frame rate, but I think I've avoided extreme settings. No user's manual is available, so I'm playing by ear.
    As of a few days ago, my computer, an ASUSTek G11CD with 16GB RAM and an Intel Core i7 6700 processor has been reluctant to reboot after manual shutdown. It will eventually restart, but it's taken as many as 4 attempts to do so.
    This leads me to ask whether one could effect the other; that is, could using EVGA Precision X1 lead to boot-up problems?

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

"Note: This application has many features and achievements that may void your graphics card's manufacturer warranty. Please consult with your video card manufacturer before using this application. If the card is an EVGA graphics card, overclocking is covered under the warranty term."
    -From this software's Steam page.

I'll stay away, it sounds like this is the kind of software you better know how to use, not just play by ear, or trial and error.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Having a poorly overclocked graphics card absolutely can lead to boot-up problems and instability. It would be helpful if you posted a screenshot of your overclocking profile as well as some screenshots from the game showing the GPU temperature, clocks and usage.

4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I used that program with my brand new computer and slightly overclocked and changed the cooling profile of my card.
    Then while i was playing a game that shitty software crashed in the background and the cooling was stuck in a low setting. After a few minutes windows alerted me about damaging high temperatures in the GPU and i had to immediately reboot the computer.

So my conclusion: this software is bullshit, highly unstable and changing the profile does not safe that to the GPU but overrides it all the time, so only works as long as the software is running. As soon as this software dies the GPU is in a possibly dangerous state!
    The first thing i would do is reset all settings to default und uninstall.

• Helpful Helpful x 2