Ps5 - Tsw Integration - Any News?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skyz2020, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Are Dovetail planning to you use or even building routes on PS5 or is their focus and indeed tech all geared to current gen consoles?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skyz2020

I ask as many studios will have next gen consoles in house by now for development. Bethesda being a good example for Starfield

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If there's ongoing compatibility, I imagine the benefit of the upgraded hardware will be improvements in textures to match the PC version and an increase in the graphics settings to improve popup and lighting/shadows and output up to 4K with faster frame rates, rather than any difference in how the routes will be built. That is to say, the routes will still be built the same, but the output quality will be bigger, better, faster, more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skyz2020

Thank you Factor.

In your humble opinion has the console market diluted the train sim market for the hardcore fan?

Speaking as a console user with most DLCs I have found it to be an entertaining game, however I do think that is driven by having a slight interest in trains anyhow.

I still think the market for the game is narrow. Unlike a AAA game like say a FIFA, Red Dead, GTA I would say Dovetails strategy here has been to test the water with consoles to see if it will be worth pursuing into next gen. I wish we had more DLCs like ts2020 on PC :(

Still not complaining however, it's great to have anything train sim related on consoles at all :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

probably no, also isn't even a DTG fault if editor come to consoles, because is more an Epic Games' fault, Unreal Editor right now work only on windows PCs/Laptops, isn't even on MAC. I doubt that will come to consoles, honestly.

P.S. no offense, but, honestly, getting a powerful computer instead of a console of new generetion wouldn't be better?

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Unreal editor actually is available for Mac, but I think the question was more about them building routes for next gen consoles rather than making the editor for consoles (which is definitely a no).

7. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

oh, ops sorry, i miss read it :|