Class 66 Passenger Service - Eastcoastway

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamiebrannan13, Dec 26, 2019.

1. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

I seen a class 66 pass me on the approach to Lewes but it was towing carriages rather than freight, I tried looking for the service on the list of available services with the 66 but can’t seem to find anything, Any ideas?

2. J4mes

J4mes Member

This might be the return from Eastbourne of the Vintage Railtour, I ran the Railtour towards Eastbourne with a Class 45, when I checked the rear of the train before I left from Lewes, it had a 66 on the Rear. When you get to Eastbourne, the Class 66 was then on the front for the return leg.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It’s the rail tour you saw.
    Spawn on foot at Lewes at 1240 and wait at the platform. The AI brings in the rail tour headed and tailed with a 66. You can then take over the service.

• Like Like x 3
  4. J4mes

J4mes Member

I do know that you can't actually drive this 66 on the Railtour. When I did the service with the Class 45, got to Eastbourne, shut down the cab and went to the front of the departing train (headed by the 66), entered the cab and got told that I could not take control of this service. Sat myself down in the secondmans seat, at which point the train left the Platform back towards Lewes, with noone in the drivers seat!! It got to some point before telling me that I had reached the end of playable area and threw me out to the main menu!

5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Can't actually see this on the 66 service selection though unlike the 47 , I'll try taking it over from Eastbourne

6. J4mes

J4mes Member

You wont be able to, look at my last above quote. I managed to enter the cab and that is as far as I could get!!

7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

U wont be able to take control at eastbourne because the service will head towards hastings, which is not in the game, u can drive the first part of the service from lewes to eastbourne

• Like Like x 1
  8. J4mes

J4mes Member

This I can confirm, you can sit in the Secondmans seat and ride along, but you get kicked back to the menu once it starts to head right towards Hastings!!.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You can still use a class 66 to make the journey just not use the trains other class 66 for the return.

10. J4mes

J4mes Member

Where do you find the Passenger Service for the Class 66, I an sure when I looked at the Timetable for this Loco, all that was listed was the Freight to Newhaven and the like.

11. TinTin_57

see my post a little bit up from this one for the instructions

12. J4mes

J4mes Member

I just saw the post you mentioned, thought maybe that DTG would of put as an option on the Timetable mode is this was possible to see arrive at Lewes like that. Makes you wonder what happens if you spawn on foot before the arrival of say, a class 31 on the railtour, does it have a 66 on both ends and the 31 then arrives to take over?

13. TinTin_57

I think if you spawn on foot before the rail tour departure time it will always be a 66 top and tail. Only by choosing the 31 from the menu will it be a 31. You are right though, it could be listed as a 66 service as it's not obvious how it is currently for some

14. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

It must be a bug, I believe that it should default to the loco's that come with the Trans Pennine as that's where the coaches come from but the AI always chooses the class 66 to haul this service even though it's not on the timetable to do so.