Ps4 With Keyboard

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by philipcoulter517, Feb 28, 2019.

1. philipcoulter517

philipcoulter517 New Member

The west somerset railway dlc the brakes only partially work with the Class 09 GRN
    ;This key works ok
    ' This key doesn't work
    Anybody else having the same problem or am I doing something wrong

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coat

Coat New Member

I believe the ' key does not work for any trains on PS4.

3. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

How is possible that a main command is not working? Unbelievable. Even the mouse doesn't work

4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Simply because there isnt any official Mouse and Keyboard Support on Consoles from the Dev. The Keyboard works due to leftovers from the PC version, so we can be lucky that this is an option. All suggestions to add M+KB support officially and fully supported has been running into the void so far

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ciccio95

ciccio95 New Member

Yes you're right, but you know that in a game like GTSport, that is only for ps4, not only the keyboard but even the mouse works!! So that I think it's a joke for dovetail let them supported, maybe they didn't think about that but mouse and keyboard works on console too.

6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well you can argue in both ways. GT sports has it supported maybe, many other games dont. Its not a requirement so they dont need to support it.
    I´ve raised this a few times in the forums and on there streams that my personal opinion is that this game would benefit from Mouse + Keyboard support. They´ve acknowledge that and maybe it will come with a later update.

My personal guess on this thing is: They are currently using an older Version of the Unreal Engine 4 for their game. Unreal Engine updates include also updates like the Xbox and Playstation SDK. The Version they are using, if i remember right, doesnt have the SDK for Xbox included as an example that officially supports Mouse + Keyboards. It could be that they need to update the core engine first at some point to get it running. Not sure about the Playstation SDK but it could be the case that they dont want it to enable on one Console platform while they currently cant enable it officially on both. That´s just a guess and could be completely wrong. So take it with a big grain of salt