Ps4 Framerate Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ryanstannard612, Dec 26, 2019.

1. ryanstannard612

ryanstannard612 New Member

Hi, does anyone know if dovetail ganes is remotely interested in fixing the shocking framerate issues on ps4, it's unplayable, i get that it's not really meant for console but surely they would have seen the issues in testing?

• Like Like x 1
  2. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

They dont care about console, like i said many time and thats fact! IDK more! :mad::(

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

To be fair thats absolutely not true. They have done performance upgrades in almost every patch and if you compare newer routes to the older ones they found ways to do things more efficient and they run much smoother.

Personally i say the game is far away from beeing unplayable. It does stutter and drop in frames on some routes and areas but not as bad anymore as it used to be a year ago for example.
    If you do consider the current state for yourself as unplayable i would recommend to get the game on a good gaming PC. It does run better there, given the more powerful hardware, and it does look nicer.

4. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Its true, and of story! :mad:

5. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

To be honest, the new East Coastway add-on runs very well. Consistent framerate and no major stuttering. Unfortunately, it's not perfect and sometimes it freezes for 1-2 seconds just before approaching another train (at least, not often...). DTG just told me to rebuild my database. Lol, guys, same old story, try another one... The oldest add-ons are terrible in terms of performances (framerate, draw distance, etc.) and I can't play them anymore. The only acceptable ones are Rapid Transit (bad draw distance, anyway...) and WSR.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I did all this multiple times, even deleted all the online and storage data and profile lvl 230 and started again from scratch but in vain, everything remained the same! Just make DTG as an update if they introduce a new locomotive or route to sell! That's all a shame because this is not a free game as I said before, we all pay dearly for every locomotive, route and game when we buy and they have to fix all the bugs immediately and not after a few months when they want to sell us something new or old under new Like on TS 2020! :mad::mad:

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Which route are you playing?
    Some routes like Peninsula Corridor run slow (30 fps and below), and others like Northern Trans-Pennine run smoother, sometimes hitting 60 fps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I have all at TSW! Everything is irrelevant, the game is full of bugs and does almost nothing as it should, it is a sad truth and I will think well if I buy anything again, I even thought to stop playing, I don't know, I'll see more! Before switching to the TSW 2020 version, the game was still working quite well although there were a lot of bugs even then but this is now a disaster! Since I love German trains and routes, I plan to buy a Zusi 3 because I bought a new PC that will have no problem playing any game, not just simulators! I will not comment on anything else because it doesn't make sense anyway, they do (or don't) what they like and don't care what one of us rebels because he is dissatisfied with this state of the game which is not free, I repeat it already who knows many times! Since being with Rivet's partners, the situation is horror, and I said that as soon as they got together, I guessed as a prophet what was going to happen! So much of me about TSW, I'm very disappointed and sad and a year ago I was happy when I bought the game and it was mostly ok! So much for me and apologies to everyone if I was annoying, I thought it was in the interest of all of us! Have a lot of fun and enjoy the trains! Greetings!

9. ildario77

Same here, I have almost everything that came out for TSW and that's by far the game I played the most in 5 years of PS4. I love it and I hate it, cause it has a lot of potential but it's full of problems. Graphically, it's way better than TS 2020 or other modern train simulators, but it lacks of optimization on consoles. I noticed that american routes are the worst ones in terms of performances. Maybe they were developed by another team, don't know, but NEC, LIRR and Peninsula Corridor can't be compared to other better routes in the game. As I said, East Coastway is a big step forward in every aspect and I hope that forthcoming add-ons will be as good as it is (or even better).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

I totally agree with you on everything! I also love this game and the trains in general because it has been my job for 25 years but I am very disappointed with their attitude towards TS and TSW even though they have listed everything they have fixed in response to my ticket. Well, it looks like nothing in the game is as good as how much they said, and how much more is left, as I said. Other companies fix all game bugs as soon as they sign up and wait months until the next update when there's something new to sell! Ah, I can't do it anymore, I don't have the nerve to do smarter things anymore, let them do what they want and how they want, and let them wonder when they start losing people like me who has everything they made in the game! There is no point in writing and reporting the same things every day, I just won't, can't and don't want to. I'm sick too much without this, and I have to think about this little health or illness, whatever it is, what I have left.

11. ildario77

Damn, just noticed that after recent updates (cab sway, etc.), framerate issues and stuttering are more noticeable between Paddington and Ealing Broadway in GWE, something I never experienced before... Well done, DTG. I'm sick and tired.

• Like Like x 1
  12. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

Well that's what I've been writing lately, but no one cares, everyone answers that the game is full of bugs that DTG doesn't fix, that's obvious every step of the way. If they do, then it is a trifle that does not work properly again, such as training with a Class 146.2 locomotive! :(