PlayStation Included Content

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Badger, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Badger

Badger New Member

Hi all

Can someone spell out for me which content in included in the base and deluxe versions of TSWorld for the PS4? I’ve read the sales descriptions and searched the net and while I’m sure I’m missing the obvious, I just don’t seem to see a list in Badger proof English, of what each contains.

In the absence of my pc for the immediate future, I’m very tempted to buy the PS4 version while it’s in the January sale, despite being a little bothered by videos I’ve seen, showing a fair bit of pop up, especially of track texture only a little way in front of the train.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer
    Badger

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

DTG's marketing department is a mystery, you'd think a list of the routes would be the most obvious thing to include! Anyway, to help you decide what to buy:

With the basic version you're getting Great Western Express (UK), Main Spessart Bahn (DE), Long Island Railroad (US) and Northern Trans-Pennine (UK).

With the Deluxe edition you're getting everything in the basic plus Peninsula Corridor (US)

With the Collector's edition you're getting all the routes listed above (inc Peninsula Corridor) as well as Ruhr-Sieg Nord (DE)

The basic and Deluxe are on sale at the moment. If you like US routes get the Deluxe as you'll get an extra US route. If your only focus is UK routes just get the basic package. The Collector's edition isn't on sale, but Ruhr-Sieg Nord is, so if your interest is German railways, then the Deluxe edition + Ruhr-Sieg Nord as seperate DLC is a good option.

Hope this helps!

Basic
    1. Great Western Express (UK)
    2. Main Spessart Bahn (DE)
    3. Long Island Railroad (US)
    4. Northern Trans-Pennine (UK)
    Deluxe
    5. Peninsula Corridor (US)
    Collector's
    5. Peninsula Corridor (US)
    6. Ruhr-Sieg Nord (DE)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Badger

Badger New Member

Hey Digital Draftsman
    Thank you so much for going to the trouble of making such a comprehensive list for me. It really is helpful in making a decision here.

The Collectors Edition is way too much dosh to splash out on what is really a bit of a tentative purchase, but I like your idea of buying the deluxe (£19.99 is within the reach of my Christmas piggie bank.) and then getting extra dlc while it’s on sale. As long as I decide which in time to get it while it is still on sale. :) But I think I’d add some more UK dlc rather than the German at this point.

I’m looking forward to trying different countries, but as a child of a certain age I have to admit to a bias for UK routes and hope that among that dlc will be something which reflects the old diesel door slammers I’d ride from Charring Cross to Margate when I was a nipper. :)

Anyway, thanks again for going above and beyond.
    Badger

• Like Like x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Sales come along fairly frequently and the older DLC is usually more reduced than the newer. Keep an eye on this PS Store page for current deals and prices. You'll sometimes have a further discount if you're a PS Plus member too, though I don't think that's the case with the current January Sale.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Badger

Badger New Member

Thanks Factor41, I’ll keep an eye open.

Meanwhile, armed with the knowledge of what’s actually included, I went ahead and bought the Deluxe package (along with West Somerset & BR Heavy Haulage pack) and have spent a very happy afternoon doing the tutorials for the GWE scenario (poorly if my lack of results in the medal department is anything to go by) and failing my first driving job on a short commuter trip from London. I thought I was doing alright too. But then a moments lapse in concentration saw me overshoot my third stop and having to back up. I’m quite surprised not to have failed there and then, but apparently there was a stop sign against me when I set off again and that was too much to forgive.

That’s ok though! I failed my driving test first time as well. Sent a granny diving screaming for the pavement outside Debenhams. Left a nasty tire track on her handbag. But look at me now. I’m a wonderful driver and I can’t even remember the last time I hit anybody...... well... I can, but technically they hit me so that doesn’t count, clearly.

Anyway, point is this looks so far to have been a good buy.

Badger

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Don't all PS4 versions also come with North East Corridor (US) and Rapid Transit (DE) which is based upon the Leipzig S-Bahn if memory serves.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

It's the first version of TSW that have the "North East Corridor (US) and Rapid Transit (DE) " the TSW 2020 don't have them. They have been replaced by Main Spessart Bahn (DE) and Long Island Railroad (US).

8. Thunderer

They came with my PS4 Standard Edition of TSW2020. I didn't buy them separately.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

Did you buy trainsimworld before or after the 20 August? Before rapid and NEC was included in the standard edition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thunderer

Just before I think, that would explain it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Badger

Badger New Member

Hi all
    Just to confirm that per my purchase on Sunday (29th Dec) the PS4 Deluxe Edition included:
    Peninsula Corridor
    Main-Spessart Bahn
    Northern Trans-Pennine
    Long Island Railroad
    Rapid Transit
    Great Western Express
    NEC New York

That’s what I’m seeing now, looking at the Route Selection screen and I’m assuming that there’s nothing extra included which lives within those. For example I also bought the BR Heavy Haulage Pack (well..... for £6 it seemed rude not to!) which lives inside Northern Trans-Pennine.

I also bought West Somerset Railway for £7. So that’s me sorted for a while I would think. :)

Badger

• Like Like x 1