Feather River Canyon Extension ( Quincy Junction To Portola)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Kind of a small suggestion, but I think similar to how the Peninsula corridor and Soldier Summit got route extensions, I think the Feather River Canyon Route should get one too. And the route should extend from Quincy Junction, to at least Portola, which is appx 30+ miles of track, as Portola was a crew change point for Western Pacific Trains, and still is for UP and the rare BNSF trains.

Also this route would add a few unique spots to the route, which includes the Williams Loop, Spring Garden Tunnel, and the Clio Trestle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

As far as any new Locomotives, either the U23B or U30B in the Green and Orange scheme.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a extension on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. granttozier

granttozier New Member

yes that would be awesome i hope i becomes a reality

• Like Like x 1
  4. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

YES PLEASE. This is currently my favorite route in the game. Due to the WP being so short, I think it would be neat to see the entire WP system in the game, but I know it won't happen. An extension out of Quincy would be nice. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blacknred81

Damn, 4 years later and this is coming from HIS.

Shame no green U30Bs though, and DTM stock....

• Like Like x 1
  6. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Well, if the route is pretty / practical, then that's of most import.
    I mean, you can always swap in your best stock. Or run the scenarios for experience (both meanings) and then make your own.
    Would you mind reposting? I am assuming Facebook HIS post but that's restricted regionally or something. (Spikee, can you see it?)

7. Blacknred81

DT Live Article: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...c7BmYIv0kfHq5x-QtEqQIKPXtXCZAvYLbcb3gZRsGRhPg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

HIS' route building skill is excellent, look at Hanover, Mountain Sub, Saluda.

All the big names are working in that route building team, Michael Stephan (Great Northerner), Rick Grout (G-TraX) and Wayne Campbell are building the route and assets presumably, like Saluda Grade.

I'm glad they done that one. As for the DTM stock - it's your route and you can use whatever stock you want to on it :). I'll be running some of my recently acquired brilliant DieselWorkshop stuff on it too.

For me the price is justified for the route alone.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Problem is, even though I sound like a fricking madman saying this, HIS could have just made a WP Retro Pack as a separate dlc, and had the route extension separate for a much fairer price. What HIS and DTM put out aren't worth anything above 15 bucks really. This enhancement was not only a disaster, it was a mistake.

10. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

The price is nowhere near JUSTIFIED. It's literally the same LOVE that DTM, HIS, and DTG always put out. Half of that stuff is just reskinned freeware rollingstock and locos like the EMD F7 is just the same model that's been used FOR YEARS! Not once was it overhauled nor was a new model created. If anything, only a moron would spend 42 bucks on something as terrible as this. I'd rather wait for a freeware route that adds an extension by itself, instead of shelling out 42 bucks for one of the most pathetic TSC cash grabs I've ever seen. This is even worse than Saluda Grade, and that route just had a Pro Range label slapped on it when the route contains nothing that would make it pro range.

The only good thing about the dlc itself is the GP40-2 and The U30B. The rest of the stuff is just bad. The horns aren't even good and neither are the engine sounds (except for the GP40-2, which does seem to have slightly better engine sounds than DTG's other GP40-2s they've previously done). The lights are still wrong as well. It's 2024, there's no reason, no excuse for why this route and the rollingstock couldn't be a lot better than it is now. You just can't justify this at all. It's not okay that people are okay with this crap either. It's, it's disgraceful, disappointing, and absurd.