PC Is It Possible To Take Place Over A Ai Driver ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VION, Dec 26, 2019.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hello and happy new year to All,
    I wished to know if it is possible to spawn the caracter on a station then wait for a AI train coming up and take the place of the AI driver for the final run of this service ?

That would be very great and interesting to do like this.

Cheers
    Gerard

2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Yes, sure you can do that as described. The AI driver will disappear and a pop-up message will come up asking you if you want to take over this train. If you acknowledge the UI will show the next destination and ETA

3. VION

VION Active Member

Oh very interesting but I tried to step up on a AI loco coming up and stopped at a station and never be possible for me to step up on the cabin loco pressing the E key then to replace the AI driver.
    How to proceed when you start with the spawn caracter at a desired station then to climb up to the cabin loco please ? I Don't solve my issue. Is there a special combined keys to climb up to the cabin loco ? Or just open the cabin door and press E key to climb up ? I can't achieve the climb up on the cabin loco sorry. I think the side of the platform is the normal side to climb up...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  4. VION

VION Active Member

Solved. I didn't move my view enough to the bottom to be able to active the climb up using the E key. Done now.
    Thank you for your answer hyperlord
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. VION

VION Active Member

I come back about some problem to climb up in some loco; i.e. a Class 45 coming up and stopping at Huddersfield, I'm unable to climb up in the cabin loco. Tried many times relaunching since a spawn in walk but unable to step up in the cabin Moving all around the camera view doesn't give me the choice to press E key. Am I a noob or does some loco prevent to climb up on them?

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

That's a bug with the class 45, sometimes it doesn't let you in. But other than that, as already was said, you can take over about every AI train you meet. That's about THE most distinct feature of TSW compared to older trainsims :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VION

VION Active Member

Ok good to know. How to prevent some AI train to be pulled by this Class 45 loco ? Is there a way to have a well featured AI loco which accept to climb on board instead random AI locos? I doubt it is possible but I ask too ;-)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  8. thearkerportian

Other than waiting for a 101 service (these will never be replaced by a 45) you're out of options I fear.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VION

VION Active Member

Hi, I come back to the issue as I'm very frustrated to don't get on this Class 45 easily. Some on the Steam forum say that they could get to the Class 45 to take over the AI driver with success; I Don't. The transition action isn't available on my side. I spawn to a platform station waiting the coming up Class 45 pulling some carriages and as soon stopped on my front, I open the cab door and there is at this point I'm unable to make the action transition to get on the board. Is there some tips I need to know how to climb up on board ?
    Some other do that with success and me no. What am I missing or don't know the tips to succed the process ?

Thanks for any help much appreciated.

A happy new Year to All

Cheers
    Gerard

10. thearkerportian

As explained before, it's a bug. What you can do to drive the 45 is, start your service in it, e.g. picking the 45 as your loco in the menu. Or, since you asked the question about any train in general, just drive a different loco if it is important to take over the train after it pulls into the station, for simulating a crew change and things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VION

VION Active Member

Ok thanks for your answer I'm still frustrated because the mainly AI Passenger loco on this NTP route is mainly the Class 45 but weird some others could get on board making the action transition with success on this particular loco Class. very Strange some others can do that with success and me Don't despite the bug.
    Soon 2020 be ready to switch to the new Year XD

12. thearkerportian

Welcome to TSW :D and happy new year as well!

• Like Like x 2
  13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is frustrating as nearly every AI passenger on NTP seems to be a class 45 and most of the time I seem to come across this bug where you cannot access the loco. Hopefully a fix will come along soon, I am certain it is one DTG know about, maybe I will report it again.

• Like Like x 2
  14. VION

VION Active Member

Yes reading the bug posts, this bug is known since 2018 and still apparently not fixed ! I Don't know why this spedific Class 45 has this bug not the others loco Class. But I rod on Steam forum this thread dated from 2018 and it seems the guy geloxo get on the loco with success but don't know how to do right like he said :
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/2806204039993342940/

15. VION

VION Active Member

Hello, nice to have a great helping Community here as I found in the NTP bugs reports thread here the turn around of this problem. Just as said in the NTP bugs reports thread, before to get on the Class 45, save the game and restart it as a last played session, and now it is possible to get the E prompt to get on the loco cab. Easy and works great; yes I know that cut the immersion but right now it is the only strong solution.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1