Just A Few Suggestions For The Sake Of Immersion...

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by jaesynthetikvita, Sep 18, 2019.

1. jaesynthetikvita

jaesynthetikvita Member

I am aware that a lot of people want multiplayer, but also aware that it could lead to track fouling.

1. My suggestion for multiplayer, is to limit the number of players to a server in that, only 4-5 people can drive at a time, so as not to foul up the tracks, but allow others to play as passengers, railfans, conductors, or yardmasters.
    More so, I would really love to have the ability for someone to play the conductor role... Someone who can help switch points, assist with coupling, etc.

2. It would also be really cool, if grade crossing gates worked as they do in the real world, rather than be perpetually lowered. I'd like to see the gates actually coming down, as the train trips the signal. In addition to that, it would also be really cool if AI trains were to blow the horn, when approaching grade crossings, as in real life.

3. Even if AI, railworks would be an awesome touch... Even if just on an unused siding as part of scenery. Ie; rail work trains, ballasters, etc.
    Which, would also be a really cool DLC. Make it so that you have to go out to repair tracks, clear snow drifts, etc.

4. I'm sure it's been brought up before, but... Radio comms!
    Could be just atmospheric, but would be cool to hear chatter on the radio, or even be able to verbally request signal passes with a headset mic/make announcements on commuter trains. The in game radios have functional buttons, but with no purpose. Would be even better if multiplayer was added, and HAD to use the radio to communicate between crewmen/ yardmasters.

• Like Like x 2
  2. callumgrainger135

callumgrainger135 New Member

Good suggs

• Like Like x 1
  3. murphytwenty

murphytwenty New Member

Oh cool, imagine the ai blowing their horns, even if it's only programmed to happen pretty much same place/time, they could swap it up with the next updates. I did a service earlier, TP C/45 or 40 and right as it started after loading a train honked their horn for a brief second, definitely wasn't me as I checked both horn tones and wasn't my train, weird glitch maybe? I had to restart as autumn drizzle was snow instead (ps4). Would love an option that's 2 choices, sim mode (game as is) and game fun mode, realism stops and we get to take trains from other routes and drive them on any track, even the electronic trains on wireless routes lol. Sorry, multiplayer, yeah...Would be great if you could at least pair up on passenger services where the 2nd man (conductor) stays behind in the carriages/coaches and his (or her) job is the control of the open/closing of the doors, maybe also a job of giving a signal (all clear?) or maybe that should be a duty involved with a team of driver/engineer on freight routes, 2nd players can also get the same hud as the driver up front unless that's not "simmy" enough lol but that right there is surely one simple enough option to start off with or to keep in mind as more idea's like yours tally up. Obviously were not checking tickets assuming that's out of the games capability but still that sounds fun for a conductor role.

• Like Like x 1