Ntp Class 46 Plea

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by hairyscotsman40, Jan 1, 2020.

1. hairyscotsman40

hairyscotsman40 Member

Dear Dovetail, it has been months since the release of NTP.

can nothing be done to correct the power characteristics of the Class 47 in game, I refuse to believe that the game represents the true power characteristics of this fine engine? I am unaware of any historical info that this class of loco couldn’t pull skin off a custard (ie the way the NTP dlc represents it).

Please can this be looked at?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. thiswaythatway

thiswaythatway New Member

I am new to this game and must say I love it! It is so absorbing but like you I find the journey with the 47 to be pretty gutless and not representative of the class.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes Yes Yes, I want my Class 47 to work. It was the first Loco I drove in TSW and I haven't yet got over the disappointment of it, several months down the line (which is how long it currently takes to get to Leeds in the 47). Someone at DTG needs to make this a priority and fix it, or explain why it can't be fixed. It's the main loco in WSR as well as a big part of NTP and console players are getting a rough deal compared to PC users, where there is apparently no problem with the 47.

• Like Like x 4
  4. callumgrainger135

callumgrainger135 New Member

Yes and the turbo audio is way over the top

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I had a go with it last night after not using it for months due to it's lack of power. I have to say I agree with you about the sound, I couldn't stand it for more than a few minutes before turning the volume right down. At full power it sounds like an old fashioned kettle whistling away on the hob! Such a shame as the 45 and the 40 sound great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. callumgrainger135

callumgrainger135 New Member

100% the truth,why is it that the br 31 is more powerful than the 47 for example,it also sounds much better.