Horn Not Working?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david_1, Jan 4, 2020.

1. david_1

david_1 New Member

So I'll admit I'm new to train sim world 2020 and still learning the ropes. I just got all the train controls and camera controls down (Xbox One) and really enjoying it.

The problem I am having is on the GP38-2 where after I sound the horn several times or more it just stops. The button gets pressed in - but no sound. Am I missing something where I have to recharge the horn?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this is a known bug, unfortunately. I think saving and reloading will resolve it though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. david_1

david_1 New Member

Ahh , okay thank you. What a shame. I thought it had to do with not enough air pressure somewhere. I hope they fix this in the future.

Thanks again.

4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

The issue wasn't resolved. I made the same thread a few months ago, and it seems that it works as intended in the later journeys/scenarios. Not sure why that is though. :/

5. david_1

david_1 New Member

I found how you fix the bug. Go into external view (free view) and scroll down the track until you cannot see your train anymore. Once you do that go back to your camera controls and under internal views select "reset to default" a loading screen will appear and place you back in your engine with the horn working again. I stumbled upon this accidentally.

6. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Nah, it’s TSW doing what everyone keeps asking for which is to have some out of course working (I.e. faults and failures) to reduce boredom and give more variety. ;)

Anyone would like to guess what maximum speed is with a) partial failure of horn (I.e. only one tone works) and b) complete failure of horn?

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I've had my GP38-2 completely shut down after I've spammed the horn button.