Euro Fishing Size 4 Hooks Catching 1lb. Roaches

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Ramulad, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ramulad

Ramulad New Member

I've had this game for awhile and have never caught a roach with a size 4 hook but since the update yesterday it's been almost non-stop roaches and tenches. It's impossible to fish for carp or catfish now in the tournaments. Was that the purpose of the update or is there something wrong? If this is the way the game is played now I'm kinda pissed that i bought the dlc. Please let me know so I can decide what I should spend my time and money on. Thanks.

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Yep ditto. The game is completely broken now on Xbox. Just catch roach and tench the whole time on size 6 and 4 hooks. Can't play the game like this :( At least before the update it was playable.

3. Scb899

Scb899 New Member

Yes same here everything really screwed up even cheaters who are on top all time cant win lol
    Its sad bought dlc for nothibg dove u need to fix this asap u dont want to be like ea spirts

4. Scb899

Scb899 New Member

Sports

5. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

Ea spirts lol:D This bug has totally ruined the game for me now and I've had it since just after the game was launched,i also never experienced it until yesterday after the update and first fish out was a half pound roach on 20mm tiger nut.This is a known issue in the ps4 version since it launched so god knows whos doing testing.Absolute joke the amount of time waiting for a patch and it fecks the whole game again! I wont even mention the 8.99 dlc price :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Like Like x 1
  6. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

And not a word from the developer , not even an acknowledgement of the problem

7. titan28

titan28 Active Member

They have acknowledged it.. just not on the OFFICIAL forum, they've announced it on twitter, they really should be posting here before they post anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

And I wonder how many months we gonna wait before we can expect a fix

EDIT: And I have now checked their twitter. They didn't acknowledge it there either.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  9. titan28

titan28 Active Member

It was in a reply to some fella, something along the lines of, "we are aware of the small fish taking big baits and hooks, we are looking into this" or some generic sentence they almost always use.. it was definitely there a few days ago.

10. a dapper kiwi

a dapper kiwi New Member

Thank fully ive been away from internet since like april lol won't update it when i go back to it in a few days (hoping i dont loose record of my 24hour where i got small, box and italian)

11. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Aint updating, buying, or playing until the 'small team' sorts out the small roach issue, n the many other 'small' issues people have mentioned numerous times . . . seems for a 'small team' you are quite skilled at creating 'large bloody issues'. . . .

12. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Whilst I do agree with you that the game is messed up and needs fixing, the problem you are going to face is 3 fold, Firstly, any game by any developer can change at anytime, it is their game and their vision to do with how they please. Secondly, the game hasn't changed, it is still fishing, it is just the game mechanics have clearly been messed up due to updates, this hasn't changed the premise of the game. Thirdly and the biggest problem, Digital refund policy, just before you pressed buy, it clearly gives you a warning that digital games are not refundable, by pressing buy you have entered in to an agreement that nullifies the fact that you are allowed said refund. Now in some cases, refunds can be given, but just because a patch messes up the game for a period of time, doesn't justify a refund. Your lawyer should know this and should have told you as much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. a dapper kiwi

a dapper kiwi New Member

Ya know with a small team theres going to be issues, wanna know why games like gears of war and that don't have many issues, they had over 300 members on gears 4,hence why issues get fixed quickly,

Fallout 4 launched with so many issues if it wasnt for the community patch mod it would have been unplayable to the full extent, assassins creed had a massive glitch in which NPC heads would no load, NPCs would walk in on cutscenes

These are major companies with massive teams and yet you think a small team should not have it's issues, this isnt a simple and graphically shite game like minecraft

Go buy yourself julies OXM has a piece solely on it

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. a dapper kiwi

a dapper kiwi New Member

i thought that aswell and to be fair does it not seem a whole lot like BS lol nit like the game costs hundreds of pounds, there isnt any micro transactions to spend hundreds on so honestly who is pathetic enough to get a lawyer for what is the equivalent of a large pizza and side

15. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Well to be fair to him, people are free to choose whatever course of action they deem appropriate for their situation, the problem is, his lawyer should have already explained to him the points I made in the reply that I posted. I just don't see how the lawyer thinks he has an argument that can be justified.

16. a dapper kiwi

a dapper kiwi New Member

Probably find the lawyer realises he can get a fair bit from the lawyers fees which will to be fair be more expensive than just forgetting about the cost if the game

17. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Not that bothered bout other games big teams etc n all the other waffle . . .more that a potentially decent game is once again fecked, and there's nowt from the 'small team' to say oops our 8.99 patch once again fecks the game so dont buy or update yet we'll tell ya when it's fixed. . . sorry guys. . . non cmmunicado whilst people continue to buy is unfair big, small or whatever size team . . .

18. titan28

titan28 Active Member

"big, small or whatever size team" . . .
    CH40S23

This is true, whatever size the development team is, you always work on the basis of not overstretching yourself and allowing easily found bugs/glitches to slip into a final build.. you also only work to the size of the team, by releasing on all 3 platforms, they have spread themselves too thin and we are seeing the results of that.

19. titan28

titan28 Active Member

There are no counters to any of the points, if your lawyer has told you any different then I would suggest getting a better lawyer. (one that actually knows something about consumer law). The analogy of the fishing rod, has no bearing whatsoever on the argument you are trying to present. A Stick is not a Fishing Rod, it is a Stick.

Firstly, you purchased a game from dovetail that was a fishing game, yes?, the game right now as it stands is still a fishing game, yes?. there has been no change to the product, the argument that is a different game to what you bought has been countered and disproven with just those 2 basic questions. The patches may have messed it up, but behind those mishaps, the game is still Fishing, now if after a couple of patches the game suddenly became a fighting game, then yes, you would have an argument, because the game that you bought, is now a different game completely.

Secondly, the Sales License for the game is with Microsoft as it is sold as digital product from their own digital store, Dovetail hold the license for the game itself and all the IP that comes with it. That's why game companies very rarely offer digital refunds directly to consumer, they are not in a position to do so.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  20. titan28

titan28 Active Member

It was still a useless analogy, it has no bearing on your argument. To be able to present an argument that is sound, you need to show that what you are saying is based on facts, the facts fella are these.. and if you fail to understand what I am trying to explain to you, then that's your problem not mine.

Have the updates changed the game?.. Now if a judge was to ask this question, the only answer he could come to would be No. The game is still a fishing game, it was presented as a fishing game to the consumers and at launch when they bought it, it was still a fishing game.

What you are failing to realize and why the argument you are presenting will fail, is that the term "game" is a broad generalization, and for this argument the "game" topic is fishing.

Updates have changed some Mechanics of the "game" but not the overall topic of the "game". None of these updates have changed the Fishing into something different, ergo the "game" is still what it was when released.

As for working for Dovetail.. have you not seen my other posts, I am quite Vocal when it comes to showing my discontent for the state of the game, 2 minutes reading and you would have known this.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  21. titan28

titan28 Active Member

No, not a lawyer, but that doesn't matter, I have common sense and a bit of intellect, and yes if your lawyer has said to pursue this then he is leading you on, there is no argument your lawyer could make that could convince a court or judge that you deserve a refund, based on the argument being presented. So let's go back to the beginning, your entire argument is that the game is no longer the same game as when you bought it, hence the whole I deserve a refund so I'm getting a lawyer.

You have to actually prove things and offer details and facts to support your argument.

As I have said many times, the game launched as a fishing game and is still up to this point of me typing this, a fishing game, it doesn't matter how many changes they make, as long as it is still a fishing game, you have no argument to make. Dovetail's lawyers will give the exact same response and they would be right to do so.

Just because you personally feel like the game has changed from the game you bought doesn't make it a fact, it makes it your opinion. And whilst you are allowed to form your own opinion from your own experiences, opinions are not facts. Your lawyer has to prove that the game you bought is now a different game at this point in time and he won't be able to do that, so I don't know what he has been telling you, but I can say that you won't get a refund with the argument you are presenting.

Ask yourself these two questions, don't think about how the game plays or how you personally feel about it.

Did I buy a fishing game?.
    Is it still a fishing game at this point in time?.
    Those are the only two questions that matter, regardless of the crap updates, regardless of your opinion, the only answer you can give yourself truthfully is yes. And that is the end of your argument.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  22. ian

ian Member

sony and microsoft should sort this out the latest patch still wont let you land meg on ps4 gets stuck in bank and line breaks never heard a game that has still so many problems after been released over a year ago thought patches were meant to be tested before released so sony are to blame as well

23. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Sony and Microsoft's testing is only to check that it doesn't disrupt their OS or create any security threats, Neither company is to blame, it is purely the responsibility of the dev team to make sure the patch has been playtested before being dispatched, something I honestly think they skip to get the patch out quicker.

24. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Sad really PS4 has has this since launch now xbox has it back again.... I'm pretty sure as a guess PC will also have this.

25. Master110

Master110 Active Member

This is true and they have acknowledged on here in the PS4 part.

26. ian

ian Member

had catfish boss right in the edge then shot thought the land and line broke

27. titan28

titan28 Active Member

No concept of how the case will be presented?.. you have already stated that your case will be built upon the premise of the game is no longer the same game as when you bought it.

Now, I and anyone else reading this thread do not need to be lawyers, nor do we even need to be that clever when it comes to the law, and for the final time, I shall repeat what you don't seem to be understanding, it started as a fishing game, it is still a fishing game. That is all a judge will need to know and that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I will ask this though, Why go to the bother of all this huff and puff for a game that cost so little?. could you not write it off and put it down to experience and to be a bit more thorough in researching the product your are purchasing?.

I do not want to have anymore input into this conversation, You obviously don't understand that your argument is not actually that the game has changed, but that the game mechanics have been updated, they are two completely different arguments.

So good luck and goodbye.

28. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Billy, Billy, Billy. While I applaud your effort, Please go through all the replies I have given you, The opinions I have given to you are based off the facts, as in,

Was it at launch a fishing game? why yes it was, so My opinion based on the facts is true.
    Is it still a fishing game?.. again, yes. My opinion again based on the facts is true.
    Is it infact the game mechanics that have changed and not the game itself?. would you look at that, based on facts, My opinion is true.
    Would a Judge base his decision on the fact that the game hasn't changed and only the mechanics have?. Yes, if you take into account the details and the facts, it is the only logical decision he could make. So My opinion based on how the Judge would view the argument, true again.

Now lets look at your opinion, "the game is no longer the game I purchased, so I want a refund or my lawyer will start proceedings"
    This isn't based off a fact, it is purely that the game mechanics have changed and you don't like them, therefore it holds no weight in any argument. You are just disgruntled and are looking to air your displeasure at the makers of the game. You have no case, You have no argument, and even worse, You don't seem to understand yourself that you have no argument.

Let's take a poll..
    Does anyone reading this thread believe that the game they purchased, (Which was a fishing game remember), is no longer that game?

• Like Like x 1
  29. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

So aside from the mildly pointless legal debate. . .tell us when u get a refund. . . are dtg actually reading about the issues ? if so is owt being done to sort it ? if so what ? seems there are numerous issues since the patch, but very little in way of response. . . glad i aint purchased it. . .guess i wait 4 positive comments from the community to see if things are addressed. . as dtg remain non communicado. . .are people still playing? is it as fecked as suggested? is it worth the 8.99. . . do i care lol. . . maybe

30. Deniskimber

Deniskimber New Member

Come on lad its a £10 game.... we all think it could/should be better but taking legal advice regarding any changes for better or worse is extremely petty and to be honest quite sad. How much did it cost out of curiosity? Either way I'd like to hope your time wasted on this matter is more valuble than the cost of the game and any legal costs.... bottom line if you don't like it dont play it. Tjanks for the entertaining thread :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Ohh.. Now I see why you don't understand.. You can't see past your own ignorance.

So the opinions of mine that I replied with, that are also based on actual facts are wrong are they?.
    So this wasn't a fishing game at launch?. It isn't a fishing game now?
    The game mechanics haven't changed?. A Judge doesn't need details and facts to rule on a case?.

Well God Damn Billy, you have shown everyone that I'm a liar and just make random stuff up!.
    You are an idiot.

How about you comeback at me with something other than emojis and to be honest, properly constructed sentences would be nice also. Oh and your own facts as to why you think your huffing and puffing is justified. Because up until now, you've not offered any that are worth taking note of.
    You have a nice day too buddy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  32. titan28

titan28 Active Member

The facts presented, are the actual facts, there is no other way to say them, fishing game, still a fishing game, mechanics changed, judges need details and facts, I don't understand how you don't grasp the concept of this.

Dovetail would respond to customer complaints exactly as they do now, your complaint wont be dealt with on this forum, it would be dealt with by email as it has always been done by dovetail, they have a separate team to deal with this.

Yes anything in law can be disputed, it doesn't mean that the person disputing it is right. Your lawyer cannot reword the fact that the game started as a fishing and is still a fishing game no matter how brilliant he thinks he is.

You are whining though, you came on here just like everyone else does at some point to complain, I've done it, I even contacted Microsoft ages ago about a refund, they responded with, "You have had the product far longer than what would be an acceptable time frame for us to issue a refund", You know what I did?. I accepted it, because I'm a big boy and there is no point trying to argue against something that you can do nothing about.

By proxy you did call me a liar, I stated my opinions are based off actual facts, and you still said they were wrong. But again, I'm a big boy, I can take people saying things about me.

People don't think bugger it, they complain, but they also understand that a new patch may introduce new bugs, so they come here and vent and wait for the fixes, or , no longer play the game. They don't immediately run off to a lawyer because they don't like what the patch has done to the game, it is petty.

So lets say that by some alignment of the cosmos that you are somehow able to get a refund, and then the game becomes the greatest fishing game ever made and it becomes your favourite game of all time. Will you send Dovetail an apology for dragging their name through the mud?.

And yet another reply from you that has no actual facts as to why you think you deserve a refund?.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  33. ian

ian Member

paid and played worst games than this like me just go after boss fish most are now catchable the bugs make this game more of a challenge but not unplayble by any means

34. titan28

titan28 Active Member

You literally have no clue what your own argument is. You say my opinions aren't facts, but you've literally just agreed with 2 of them in your last reply. You do realize aswell that your last reply has just completely ruined your case for a refund?. Lol.

35. titan28

titan28 Active Member

You've already ruined your own argument, there is no reason for me to reply anymore. As for your last statement, again, if you had taken 2 minutes to read through any of my other posts you would have realized my stance on the game and could have saved yourself from sounding like a fool. Good Luck with that refund. Lol.

36. titan28

titan28 Active Member

A very childish response, no wonder you had to go running to a lawyer. This will be my final reply, feel free to have the last comment if you wish, you seem like the sort of person that has to have things their own way or you'll throw a wobbler.

37. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi all, sorry I am a bit late to the party. This has been an interesting topic to read.

To address the first and what was initially the key point of this thread, we are aware of the issue with the small fish taking the large baits. There was always a small chance it could happen but it is occurring way too often right now. The issue is with our development team and they are reworking the distributions of which fish can take which baits.

As for the Titan28 vs Billy debate, I have had dealings with both. Titan28 hasn't always been our biggest fan but if he has any issues to report to me I will report them to our development team so that they can deal with it. Billy, as you have been told many times, the refunds would be handled by Microsoft. They have a refund system coming but it is very early in implementation and not available to everyone. Even if it was available to you, you would be outside the conditions for a refund given how much time you have told us you have spent playing the game.

I apologise that I have been slacking on getting back to you guys on the forums. It has been a busy few weeks for us here.

38. titan28

titan28 Active Member

OMG, It's the same game because its still fishing. Your reasoning is completely off base, When you Purchase a game, do you expect it over the lifetime of that game, to be the same as the day you purchased it?.. Myself and probably 99% of people dont expect this.. we would hope that it evolves through patches, updates, DLC, those things do NOT make it a different game from what was originally purchased.

You know what, I recently purchased Dying Light, and to my delight, the dev's have pledged to release another load of DLC and updates, Once they drop, I'm going to try them out, but i'll tell you now if anything and I do mean anything has changed I'm going to start a tirade against the company because the game is no longer the same game as I bought, You see how stupid that sounds?.. That's literally what your argument is based on.

Another example, Friday the 13th. Absolute mess at at launch, update came out, partially fixed it, by your reasoning again, Different game now from launch, REFUND!! even though its slightly better, I want it to be the same as it was when launched, broken and unplayable.

Do you see the pattern here, What you are saying, is, that NO game, from any developer, can ever have an update or a patch, because otherwise it will be a different game from when it launched. I'd better start writing those emails for the 100 or so games I've purchased.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  39. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Yup, I give up.. this is a waste of time.

Why would I take blood pressure pills?, I'm 37 and in great shape. Just another one of your useless nonsensical comments.

Your last reply just proves you have a severe lack of understanding when it comes to what the term "game" means. Yes the mechanics have changed, the "game" has not. The term "game" is used to convey the whole product, mechanics are aspects within that "game", just like sound usage, image usage, sponsor usage, none of those things singularly can be expressed as the "game". Therefore none of those things if changed can be used as a way to say the "game" has changed. And No before you say it, this isn't just my opinion, this is how the game companies and development teams see it. As well as anyone within the industry.

None of your reply's have any Information that justifies getting a refund, you have already been told from a Dovetail Employee, that you won't get a refund from them, you've also entered into the agreement with Microsoft over their digital refund policy, so no refund there either. Quick Recap.. You won't be getting a refund.

Now, you can either carry on with the absolute nonsense that you have been writing on here and to continue to show yourself up, stop playing the game until it's fixed or just stop playing the game altogether, its that simple.

There is no outcome in this conversation where you will end up on the winning side. Thanks for the Laughs though, Now I gotta go, gotta go see about a refund.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  40. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Still no refund huh?. Shame that.

41. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Boy.. Lol. I'm a bit old to be called a boy, considering I'm 37. Quick question for ya?. Got that refund yet?. Unlucky kiddo.

42. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Just reported in, got an update for you, you still ain't getting a refund. I gave them all the information you have presented, everyone just laughed and asked if you were being serious. I told them yes you were serious, it caused more laughter.

43. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I tried typing a reply that used smaller words and sounded less intelligent, but I just couldn't bring myself down to your level.

Another update for you.. That refund you think you deserve, yeah, not gonna happen.