(solved) Just Trains - Cornish Mainline (please Close Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT586, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Dear Mods,

Please close the thread as it is now solved. Moderators, I would stress that the rudeness in the comments from a couple of members was uncalled for and unjust.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I don't have any problems with JTs DLC. I have all the routes that you are talking about perhaps give us the name of a scenario that we can try so as to be able to replicate your issues. By the way, what are your computer specs? OS, CPU, GPU and its ram, Computer Ram and is it a desktop or laptop.

3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Sadly, that’s not the answer I was looking for, specs on this occasion have absolutely nothing to do with it. All the other ends of the route are fine, and run fine, the images i attached are the issue, something with the track and all scenarios have !!&! In them

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you tried reinstalling the route to see if that cures the problem?
    Maybe some files got corrupt the first time

5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Yeah done all that mate! - Re downloaded it all, checked to see if i had the latest version of WM which i do, 115, latest Oxford Bicester extension, current SDML, and re-downloaded Cornish Mainline.

Verified Cache for Railworks, re-installed all my AP packs as administrator (even though I am the admin) - but still says scenario failed to load this on default stock scenarios, scenarios without the stock required, I have the stock required but I still get the issues in the photos.

Broken consist?? And 0ft for each stop, the main Western Mainlines etc etc etc works fine Just this addon.

I have emailed Just Trains but due to the holiday It may be a while until I hear anything

Just Trains addons are the only ones which get corrupt or distorted so easily, this is the fourth addon i've bought from them which doesn't install correctly, and will be the last. I'm sticking to TSW, no headaches at all on any addon, even mods don't cause any issues to TSW.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  6. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Did you install it in the correct order? The original route followed by the extension? The screenshots to me suggest the original route was installed after the extension was, resulting in some updated route files being over written with the originals. This has resulted in the track being in the wrong position and scenario markers being missing.

Uninstall the route (delete the associated folders from the directory after you uninstall through Steam, assuming it's the Steam version), install the original route first, then install the extension. If you're installing through Steam, deactivate both the DLCs (original route and extension) in the Steam DLC manager, run TS2020 and exit, then activate the original route DLC, let it download and install, then reactivate the extension DLC, let it download and install.

That should fix your issue.

7. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Digital Draftsman, this is what i’ve done. And no it’s all through Just Trains, as I prefer an .exe file like with AP.

1. Installed Western Mainlines updated version ready for CML first, checked before purchasing CML that I had all the pre-requisites.
    2. Then OB
    3. Then SDML
    4. Then CML
    5. Then applied all AP Packs updated installers
    6. Then today, ran a verification, uninstalled and re-installed CML
    7. Ran TS, same issue

I know this should fix it but it hasn’t, I did delete the folder too but will try this again, 763b something the route folder is called

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  8. Digital Draftsman

Make sure you right click the .exe and select run as administrator, it could be a permissions issue which is preventing files from being overwritten with new ones.

You can always extract the .exes to a temporary directory and manually copy them across, that way you'll know for sure it's overwriting the existing files as it'll ask for permission to do so.

9. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I've done all that, the problem seems to be the installer doesn't recognise the .ap files. I have about given up to be fair. I've asked for a refund, hopefully JT can sort me out with this. It's just ridiculous

10. Digital Draftsman

Have you tried manually installing the .ap files using the Utilities.exe in the Railworks folder?

11. trev123

trev123 Active Member

In JTs terms and conditions they state that they don't give refunds to downloaded DLC. As no one else has this issue I suggest that there is a problem with your computer somewhere. You say some stations in your original post what names are these some stations and whereabouts are the double buffers on the track. You are not really giving any very useful information for people to help you out. I have been buying JT DLC since 2010 and have had no real issues and there is no reason to get angry with people who are only just trying to help you because if you do no one will bother to help. As for not giving your computer specs if you haven't given them to JT the first thing that they will ask for is them so why not post them here instead of saying that that has nothing to do with your problem or have you got something to hide?

I don't know whether JTs installer will allow you to do this which I have done with other peoples products when they haven't installed properly is to manually install them. Install them to someplace like your desktop and copy and paste the files into your Railworks folder. As I said I don't know whether this will work with JT products.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You could run the JT installer to a different location than your railworks folder and then manually copy them into your assets and contents folder.
    I've not had issues with JT DLC but always do the above if something messes up as it's normally a permissions issue somewhere along the line, even with admin rights

• Like Like x 2
  13. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

trev123 Apologies i’ll have to say this; there’s no need to be so rude with answering me; It’s been frustrating.

The stations with the broken link is St Austell and beyond, after Truro - But there really is no need to talk to me like this or state you’ve not had any issues; I’m not interested in what your situation is; mine is I am having a strange issue with this and thought i’d ask on here for help.

This is the reason why people don’t ask because of comments like this - thank you to the above for the assistance but I won’t post here any problems I have again.

Terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trev123

trev123 Active Member

No mate you are the one who has got it wrong. If you ask nicely you get answers if you ask rudely which you seem to be doing you won't. So the motto here is ask nicely in the first place no matter how frustrated you feel and people will try and help you.

15. Digital Draftsman

The title says solved, LT586 did you manage to fix the issue?

16. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

This guy trev123 likes to assume a lot - No I haven't solved the issue but I've been in talks with Just Trains to explain what's happening. Thanks all that have helped but trev123 is a real ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I reinstalled the whole network, WML, SDML then CML (after deleting the folder of Western Mainlines) ran TS2020, cleared the cache, allowed TS to reload, then closed it down, and once all those three were installed, latest versions. I then ran TS2020 to see if it worked and it did, somehow having WML, Oxford to Bicester, SDML, Paignton and CML caused some sort of mix up, so I installed Paignton after CML, and I'm glad it now works, as you spend your hard earned money on something, it needs to work.

Also thanks to Just Trains for assisting as well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. trev123

trev123 Active Member

This thread basically is all about how not to ask for help. The op was totally arrogant. I have been helping people with there problems in TS for 10 years and this is the first time that I have come across someone so arrogant. I offered to help him and just turned a blind eye and saying that I was rude. Honestly LT586 I think that you have an attitude problem and perhaps you should think about going to see a psychologist to sort out your attitude problems. Be kind and courteous to others no matter how **** you feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020
  19. Digital Draftsman

It's one of those situations where the problem is a handful of files not copying over correctly, so it's a case of working through the installation to either find the culprit which is preventing proper installation or to find an order of operation where things are installed properly. I'm glad you got it sorted!

Having worked with Just Trains I know they've got a good bunch of folks over there, so I'm glad they were able to help.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Guys,

Reminder that offensive language and swearing is forbidden on this forum. This is defined explicitly in the Terms & Conditions you accepted to become a member of this forum. If you wish to remain a member here, please heed this warning because we will remove anyone who cannot adhere to the rules that everyone else here is happy to abide by.

Thread has been locked from further responses.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.