Ts20: Wondrous One-car

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jan 9, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Experience the quaint ÖBB 5047 which thanks to Skyhook Games and Railworks Austria has arrived for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

2. Lukas_2604

Lukas_2604 New Member

Where are the Sound? :(

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I presume this uses the Light Flares option to display the front lights. :(
    Another one to ignore.

4. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's not a bad DLC, but nothing special. The textures are quite low resolution on the exterior model and some of the sounds are a little weak. There's quite a few features in terms of controls and it's got a cold start option. Limited scenarios, with just 3 included. 5/10.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ChuckleBerry

ChuckleBerry New Member

I think it is a shame for this Price not to create a Little non electrified branch line where this DMU was/is in use.
    E.g. North Somerset Route, it is fictional / planned (?) but at least a route for the DMU, this Train was never used on the Semmeringbahn in passenger Service and for someone who creates a so called "pro" addon ignoring that this unit was never active on this route, is a Little bit ridicolous for me.
    It is not much work to make a Little branch line of 20-30 km for this Train and for the Price of 20€ this should have been included without even asking for it.
    I am very disappointed by the developers!

6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

It doesn't make any sense to put it on the Semmeringbahn, but unfortunately the people that made this simply didn't bother making a new route for it. To give you an idea of this add-on's polish, it was released without any sounds and was patched a day later.

7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Its a nice bit of kit. Picked it up yesterday, sounds are now there... whose fault that is im unsure...
    Watching videos of it from late last year it worked a charm.
    Its unique, reason i got it - to boot anything that adds to SemBahn is ok in my book, even though its fictionally driven there.
    The fact its got cold start is enough reason i guess to name it "pro", although shift+alt+z negates that process to quick start.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A lot of add-ons have the possibility to negate a Cold start because some people do not want it.
    Some come with two versions that allow the user to have a cold or running loco

Peter

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Might have been nice if they had got the instructions correct

Page 5 says B / Shift+B to switch the Battery on/off - pushing B sounds the Horn
    And Schnauzahpowahz it is Ctrl+Shift+z to run the Automatic Start-up

Which is useful as Cab 1 is the main cab and where the game places you but the Battery Switch is in Cab 2

Peter

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Apologies for mega necro but just bought this in the sale. Have to say it is a lovely unit, sounds in particular are magnificent. It reminds me very much of the Swedish Y1 rail cars of a slightly earlier vintage and built by Fiat. Good addition to my TSC fleet.

Only downer is just three scenarios luckily on the Semmering route which I own, but it could do with a nice little branch line to be at home on.

11. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

I've bought the Schienenbus from RSSLO, nice little unit. Tweaked it a little (cab camera, window opacity and cabin lights), it's a fun thing to drive.

12. OldVern

I did have a mind to grab that as well but the OBB sale expired. Wishlisted for the next Steam sale.

13. OldVern

Further quick question about the 5047. Anyone experienced loss of keyboard controls after using the shortcut to start engines? Was trying to test a scenario I had set up for my Sulitjelma route and after using the quick method, couldn’t get the keys to work for several seconds. When they did come back I then got a crash dump back to desktop. Didn’t have time for a further check and need to rehash the scenario anyway as despite the Railcar being on the platform marker it was showing as 0.5km away!