More Crashing...

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by John Murphy, Jan 7, 2020.

1. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Yeah, getting out of memory crashes a lot more often lately for no reason. Even in the 64 bit version and after clearing my cache multiple times, I'm still getting them more often. Hmm, according to what DTG says, my graphics drivers must be out of date again. That's their solution to everything, right?

2. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

Graphics Driver update, Windows update, and verifying game files (if you have Train Sim on Steam) are things I recommend. If those don't work, then you should reinstall your game.

3. John Murphy

Reinstalling is the other DTG response that does absolutely nothing. I think this is yet another problem on DTG's end that they'll simply refuse to fix. I'm even wondering wether or not I should even bother reporting the problem, because I already know they're just gonna come back with the same automated graphics driver and reinstalling response that they give for everything.

I mean do you have any idea how many times I've tried all of those thing with various problems only to get no results?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  4. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

It is an issue but there seems not to be a common solution or cause. Pretty much follow these suggestions, if it helps fine, if not submit a ticket and maybe or maybe not it will be fixed.

5. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

I have started to experience this on my side as well, actually. On the first occasion, all I did was to restart my PC. Then TS 2020 64bit launched without any problems. However, after I closed it and tried again, once again it crashed at the very start when loading. Kinda weird to get an out of memory error just when loading the game.

6. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

7. John Murphy

Lol yeah, but like they're gonna do anything about it. In DTG's eyes, they can do no wrong. They always deny responsibility for any problems and blame the user for something on their end causing the problem.

8. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Well it seems that they've solved it quick, John!

As of 22:38H CET ( 21:38H UTC ) it seems to be working again. I tried launching it twice already, on both tries the game in 64bit started OK.

9. John Murphy

We'll see. If they did fix it that quick, I'm truly impressed that they actually did something about a problem for once.