Out Of Memory Crash

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Brutalist Ape, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

Came home from work today, and suddenly I can't launch Train Simulator. It was working fine previously. I am getting the 'Out of memory' error when I try to launch the game in 64 bit mode. In 32 bit mode, the game launches, but if I try to do anything, it crashes before I can load.

My computer is a top-end gaming PC just a few months old. It has worked without any problems for the past several months. I have not experienced this problem before. I do not have any idea why this is happening. I have checked Ctrl Alt Delete to see if any other programs are running, but from what I can see memory use is at about 24% after the game crashes, and the only program using any significant memory is Steam.

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Info: OUT OF MEMORY

The system is unable to run this scenario on the current configuration, we suggest either lowering the graphical quality settings or attempting to run the game in the 64-bit version, if this fails to resolve the issue please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com

Why is this happening, and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks

2. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

3. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Update: as of 22:38H CET ( 21:38H UTC ) it seems to be working again. I tried launching it twice already, on both tries the game in 64bit started OK. :)

4. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

Thanks BRD. I have just successfully launched the game and everything seems back to normal. I was able to run a quick drive with A1 Tornado for about 30 minutes with no problems. I guess we can consider this fixed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Good to hear! :)

6. KOLOS

KOLOS New Member

Are you working on the out of memory crash problem? I'm a customer and not a programmer, I want to install the game and want to play. Don't expect from me to solve the problem because You made a product that doesn't work properly! And I paid for it! I don't want to solve the problem from forums and knowledgebase, it's not my task. My computer is ideal for gaming and there was no problem with Train Simulator 2019. I installed completely fresh Windows, I installed the game from the Steam store and be continued come up memory crash problem.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

That is fine if everyone was running the same computer with the same specification. And everyone was running the same DLC.
    But this problem only affects a small amount of people so how should DTG find out what the problem might be?

As you are not prepared to help yourself - which most in this community do - I suggest you call the person who looks after your computer to find out what the specific problem is.

I have had two crashes with out of memory problem and that was down to Me not having updated my Graphics Card Drivers.
    I did that and so far no problem

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. fegagal

fegagal New Member

Good afternoon. I bought my train simulator several years ago and I never had any problems with the game. But I have updated my PC to Intel i5, 1660 video card, 32 gb of RAM, the COMPLETELY VIRGIN operating system and when installing my train simulator via STEAM (it was the first game I downloaded on the new PC), to try to run it, load the presentation image and it automatically restarts the PC, without giving me any error message.

Dovetail has not given me any satisfactory answer, just blaming my operating system. But in this PC I run world of tanks, world of warships, The Witcher III, Assetto Corsa, (my son Fornite) without any problem.

9. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

DTG has distanced itself from this issue. Your other games are not the issue. DTG, in the latest major update has caused an internal memory issue within the game and will not provide a satisfactory resolution to the issue.BTW I do enjoy your screenshots.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  10. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

And they will not, If they admit that it is there issue then they must fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fegagal

fegagal New Member

Just mention the other games, as an example of the programs that I run, demanding for hardware ... but TS doesn't work, and restart my pc, a total power failure or something and restart again.
    And my PC boots without any error code or message

12. fegagal

fegagal New Member

This dammed Game is working!!!!! reinstall after few months and work.... but I cant use the deskstop launcher, only inside steam app.

13. fegagal

fegagal New Member

I disagree in any way. Train simulator is the 2 or 3 most expensive game in the whole damn Steam store ... so, they should have trained people to be able, first of all, to develop patches that work, second, an adequate technical service. When I sent my tickets to technical support in December 2019, they blamed my operating system. I cite as an example the .dlc that contains the mission "little things count" is damaged, it is impossible to fulfill the mission and they have NEVER fixed it ... but that .dlc has left them enough dollars of profit

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not true. If you bought every DLC at face value and also don't include that many DLC come with others included (such as getting the 170 included in Edinburgh Glasgow etc) then maybe, but I doubt anyone buys every single scrap of DLC out there, usually focussing more on their interests.
    I have no interest in trains outside of the UK, so I have everything within the UK and about three things outside of it, two of which came with the original bundle in 2017

Is that the one where the steam train struggles to get up the hill?

15. fegagal

fegagal New Member

1° I love trains from UK....Im from Argentina, and British build our mayor railways lines... But some US routes are great. In fact I and my family visited UK in 2018 and move around the isle in trains trips.... Even some steam lines.
    2° Dovetail sell routes AND some trains for this routes split. SO THIS MAKE THE GAME SO EXPENSIVE
    3° Little Things count is broken because we you let some wagons in the location, the game say "operative error -2000" or something similar. And now as you say I can remember with the pannier run without steam, is true.

Sorry about my very very bad english skill.

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As ARuscoe said in the post above yours - You don't have to Pay the Full Price for any DLC
    You just Wait for a Sale on Steam or direct from DTG - they come round every 3 or 4 months
    There should be the Spring Sale at the end of May and the Summer Sale at the end of June
    https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/steam-sale-2020-schedule

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Just create a desktop shortcut from your RailWorks.64.exe