Euro Fishing Other Species Tackle Boxes

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by QPD77, Aug 29, 2016.

1. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Morning all,

I've only just started work on anything other than carp, and was wondering what everyone uses for each species? I have decided to just use the standard beginners rods and reels, and bought the 8lb Guru mainline but as for baits I loaded up white maggot, single corn and bread flake.

I am still having a snidey carp rod out of course, to try and get the rest of the Boss Fish but it's the littler ones that are my new target!

Any tips or tricks, locations, baits etc would be massively appreciated

2. lxCROSSYxl

lxCROSSYxl New Member

I like to catch bream tench and roach, I've found a great bait for the bream is the floating artificial corn on a size 12 or 10 rig, but spod a lot to keep them feeding, plus watch for the wind and rain as I find this is when the bream switch on.

For float fishing I use the Haichou 11ft float rod with the Haichou float reel setup, using the 6 or even the 10lb guru line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lxCROSSYxl

lxCROSSYxl New Member

image.jpeg Had this beauty of a tench at L'Arène in the tourney the other day, caught on a size 10 rig with the grey 12mm dumbell pop up,

• Like Like x 1
  4. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Caught most of the boss roach on observatory on maggot red/white or pinkies on 18 float 4lb line - in the swim behind the bridge ( bridge with swim in middle ) - fished by the floating weed near back of bridge 9-11yds out. . . Boss tench n bream caught off the bridge swim - leger 6-8lb line with maggots or single small corn - fished on the gravel 22 - 24yds out. one rod right one left n as you please with carp one lol....

• Like Like x 1
  5. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Now THAT is a run down! Cheers for that, will have a go tomorrow

6. EaszyTarget

EaszyTarget New Member

i also use the swim behind the bridge , i use a 14 waggler with corn usually medium double , or an 18 waggler with bread or dendro worm , then for carp i fish straight across just off far bank on edge of silt with pop up tiger nut 20mm or pop up 18mm dumbell , had almost all the boss fish in observatory like that :)