PlayStation Peninsula Corridor

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Jan 9, 2020.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I have started journey's with californian commuter, but I am getting confused with the braking procedure. Could someone put me right on the correct sequence of brakes. Thank you.

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Service empties the brake pipe pressure/ filling brake cylinders.
    Lap hold the brake pipe and brake cylinders pressure.
    Holding recharge brake pipe pressure but don't release brake cylinders pressure.

You have to drop the brake pipe presure in Service position to set brake force and than put lever back to Lap position to hold its setup.
    I use to make serie of gradual pressure drops (105-95-85) for comfort and precize stop (+/- 5 yards)

• Like Like x 1
  3. richard cooper

I might appear a bit thick, but in game I am still over shooting platform or missing altogether. Suppose I am 1 mile from next stop, travelling at 60 mph. What would the sequence of brakes be, to pull up successfully. Training I got gold star, but appear unable to do it while driving in game. Thank you to anybody who has the patience.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I knock the throttle off, set the brakes to lap, then as you approach the station, move the brakes to service until the pressure on the brake gauge drops to 100-95 ish, then move it back to lap. You'll see your speed start to drop. If it's not dropping fast enough, move back to service to drop the pressure a bit more, but only in small increments, and always return it to lap. If you feel like you're coming in too slow, move it to release to stop your deceleration, then start the process again when you're a bit closer. You should be able to get pretty close at around 15-20mph, then you can always dump a load of pressure to bring it to a final stop if need be.

Just remember that moving to lap is holding the pressure steady, not releasing it, so you'll continue braking until you move back to release, and in service the pressure will keep building in the brake cylinders so you'll brake more and more.

Might not be perfect technique, but I can usually stop within a few yards of the marker.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. richard cooper

That is excellent, thank you very much

• Like Like x 1