Ntp Class 47

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by theorganist, Jan 19, 2020.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I searched for this but could only find an unanswered thread from Jan 2019.

I loaded a saved service mode where I was taking over a class 47 and freight stationary at Manchester. On entering the cab an alarm was sounding, I have tried everything to get it to shut up but it won't. I have depressed the DSD pedal, used the AWS, shut down engines etc

I decided to try and drive anyway in the hope the blooming thing would shut up, however I got to departure time and cannot get the thing to move. No amps appear when you open the power controller. Again I tried shutting everything down and set up again and to no avail.

If this is a known but then it really needs fixing as I have spent an hour looking through the manuals and searching online. Not what I want to be doing on a supposedly relaxing Sunday afternoon.

I don't usually load a save and maybe it is a one off odd-ball event. Going to try reloading the save again and see if still does it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Safeing and reloading has never worked clean and is buggy since the beta.
    Specially as soon as such rarely used/tested thing like a safety-system gets thrown in to the mix... ;)
    I would recommend to drive the service to its end whenever possible. Don't count on being able to actually finish a safed game.

3. theorganist

Thanks for your reply. I had known there had been problems but thought they had been fixed. I had driven a service from Leeds to Manchester and took over this eastbound service (which was stationary) and saved it intending to drive it a couple of days later.

Shame as I gave up in the end and played Football Manager instead!

I probably won't bother saving in service mode till it is definitely fixed.

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

You can just select that service you were going to drive straight from the menu, all you need to find it is the departure time. ;)

5. theorganist

I realise that, that is what I would normally do, but I liked the idea of wondering about between services and choosing one I fancied driving, that is part of the attraction of service mode.

• Like Like x 2