British Steam Locomotives And Multiplayer Co-op.

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Dakota Watson, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Dakota Watson

Dakota Watson New Member

I think it would be cool to add British steam engines like The Flying Scotsman, The Mallard, City of Truro, Tornado, Green Arrow, etc on Train Sim World Founders Edition on Xbox One, and to be able to play with friends in an online co-op so you can work similar to an actual train crew.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. TheTrainGuy

TheTrainGuy New Member

Yes, it would be amazing to play with other people online!

• Like Like x 4
  3. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I put this in the other forum but think it's probably better in this part.

Just an idea for a steam locomotive but with the announcement of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust building Gresley class V4 No. 3403 why not try and tag in with this and create the loco for the game and with any profits buy a part/fund the project at the same time. Not only does it promote TSW game/Dovetail but it also helps the trust with their project and we all get to help out. Just an idea and I'm sure its much more difficult but its something to ponder.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

The Trust inherited the V4 project from somewhere else and have a few parts including a stack of tyres but is a long way from doing any work on it yet- they want to finish the P2 first. They seem like an odd choice for a new build- good machines but undistinguished and there were only ever two.

I wholeheartedly agree that working with preservation groups and especially new-build projects could be, and indeed should be, mutually beneficial. I was discussing Train Simulator (I don't have TSW but the principle is the same) with someone at the G5 project in Shildon who got quite enthusiastic about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

What about American steam. British steam engines may be elegant but American steam loco's get the job done with speed and strength.

6. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

They should add it to WSR as IRL there are steam trains on the line and should add it as DLC

7. rhyszwells

rhyszwells New Member

Steam locomotives like Scotsman, mallard, tornado, golden arrow, terriers, gwr pannier tanks, merchant navy class and west country class should be added to the game because it give people who like steam engines to drive them or ride in them rather than playing with trains they don't like. For example. I'm British living in the south west and I remember my dad showed me a video of all the steam locos thundering by the platform and I've wanted to recreate that on tsw and I'm left with trains form other countries that I'm not that interested in. So pls let their be a steam dlc with freight and passenger service thx for reading. P.s London to Edinburgh is a good run for this dlc or the swanage railway.

• Like Like x 2
  8. michael.j.meliambro

michael.j.meliambro Member

Lets not forget other current new build steam projects in the UK, like the LNWR George the Fifth, GWR County (Churchward), and LMS Patriot!

9. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Multiplayer isnt high priority but its on their list so are steam trains

10. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Hopefully we’ll see steam but we need to get past the same diesels over 35 mile routes first!

• Like Like x 1