Problems With The Class 86 Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scottish Train Girl, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Scottish Train Girl

Scottish Train Girl Member

Tried verifying files, Steam found 28 files wrong and redownloaded those files. To test the pack I then went into Quick drive and selected WCML North with a green (Freightliner) class 86 and the FSA wagons ( of note is that they where all empty, not one container showing), a straight run from Glasgow Central down to Carlisle and as soon as it loaded in i get "A Game over error" consist tilt error and i havent managed to get in the cab even yet. Tried QD again with no change in settings and now im getting Scenario broken consist errors Latitude etc etc.

Could someone please guide me here ?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

WCML North is an old route which might cause you the problem.
    Try a Quick Drive with the Class 86 on any other Electrified route you have and see if that works.
    The train being empty is something you can solve by going in to the Editor after the Scenario has started
    Screenshot_ECML London - Peterborough_51.90046--0.20608_10-30-20.jpg
    Click on the Pause Button and when the menu appears Click on World Editor and you will see this
    Edit 1.jpg

Click on the Yellow Train Icon on the row in the Top Left and it then asks you a question
    Edit 2.jpg
    Say Yes and then it will reload - you may find your self at Track Level so you need to use the Mouse and Arrow Keys to move about.
    When you get alongside the wagons like this there are 4 easy steps
    Edit 3.jpg
    1. Bottom Left click on the Consist Editor so a dot appears in the middle.
    2. Double click on the wagon number and the box on the right appears
    3 Tick the Box top Right and the Containers appear. If you had a Coal train the same process loads that train
    4. Push Play and it will ask if you wish to save changes, Say Yes, and the Scenario will start with a Loaded Train

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scottish Train Girl

Thanks 749006 however I also tried the following electrified routes besides the WCMLN and it still does not work

WCML over Shap, WCML Trent Valley, MML London - Bedford. GEML London Ipswich. On this one I get the following error. Also tried some third party scenarios for the Freightliner 86 I have all the required dlc and it tells me failed to load Rail Vehicle Container Flat FSA 70 2c whatever that means. Appreciate the tips on getting the Containers to show but I cannot try that until I get this pack actually working. All help welcome as I have no idea what to do next.

Thankyou
    Stephanie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  4. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I tried the same Class 86 Freightliner with FSA empty wagons, Glasgow, to Carlisle QD and get the error message at the beginning about consist tilt. I very rarely do QD scenarios. Maybe contact DTG support about this.

5. trev123

trev123 Active Member

It does work as a career scenario though.

6. Scottish Train Girl

trev123 if you have the JT Manningtree to Harwich upgrade for the GEML could you please kindly check out the two class 86 Freightliner scenarios and see what happens?

When i try all i get is Failed to load vehicle Container FLAT FSA 70 2c and i do have all the required dlc. So far i have only tried this 86 pack in standard and QD mode, I always do so I can test new add ons or routes out first before attempting any Career Scenarios. Im positive that there is some problem with this particular class 86 pack as not one QD will work with the Freightliner, always encountering errors about consist tilts, broken consists, longitude and latitude. I really don’t feel like reinstalling 160 plus gigs worth of stuff if at all possible.

Thanks a million
    Stephanie

7. Scottish Train Girl

Well i have been in contact with support and Daniel over there is doing everything he possibly can to assist. However he was unable to replicate the errors in QD, so after communicating with him we both agreed that I would do a full reinstall of TS2020 without any third party addons whatsoever installed, Well just did all that and the errors are still there. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit, validated the files a ton of times, all ok in that regard, even cleared the windows temp file to no avail.

Now its a waiting game to see what to try next, this is mind boggling to say the least.

I must say though so far I am really impressed with DTG support, they really are going all out to help.

To be continued............

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The problem you have with the picture at Liverpool St is the Freight Train is too big for the Passenger Station
    Looking at the picture it is well beyond the end of the platform so the QD Scenario will not run.
    The FSA 70 2c is the name for the Freightliner Container Flats

Just because one DLC is not working as it should you do not need to reinstall everything else.
    Whilst the game is not running start your Steam Client
    Click on Library > Train Simulator then Right Click > Properties - a new box opens > DLC (Last Tab)
    Come down to Railworks 2 Class 86 Pack and Untick the box next to installed.

Fully close the TAB and Steam Client with the Steam >Exit
    After a couple of mins reopen the Steam Client and go the same route back to the DLC tab
    The Railworks 2 Class 86 Pack will be at the bottom of the list and re tick the box and it will reinstall.

Then try a QD - say MML from Luton to Bedford

Peter

9. Scottish Train Girl

Hiya 749006,

I omitted earlier by mistake that Support instructed me to try what you just wrote about deleting the individual dlc from Steam and then re-installing it. I just tried the MML since doing the brand new installation, and it does indeed work this time round from Bedford though to St Pancreas. Ill have to check the other way round tomorrow now.I have no idea how support got the QD to work with the WCMLN but they managed to get that working without any problem on their side.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback and patience since im a noob still lol

Stephanie

10. trev123

trev123 Active Member

The Class 86 works fine in the JT Manningtree to Harwich upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scottish Train Girl

Thank you for checking that trev123, much appreciated. Once I feel that I can try to install any 3rd party content I will give it another try. For the moment im not even going to install any workshop items until im confident enough that the pack is working as it should. Wonder why i was getting that error with loading the FSA wagons before. I just cannot understand it.

Stephanie

• Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It may not work St Pancras to Bedford as the 20 vehicles make it too long to start in the station.
    Try from a station north of St Pancras.

Peter

13. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Stephanie
    I guess that you have the Train Simulator: Freightliner Class 70 Loco Add-On installed - that's needed for the Flat FSA 70's to show?
    pH

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Hi Peter,
    The Class 86 pack comes with "FSA container bogie wagons" and a Default Quick Drive Scenario would not require other stock
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/208379/Train_Simulator_Class_86_Loco_AddOn/

Peter749

15. Scottish Train Girl

Hi Peter,
    Of course I have the Steam Class 70 Freightliner Pack installed, Anyways i did a totally fresh install as though as i just purchased the game for the first time and i have just added some third party content and boom those errors are now gone. I suppose i installed something incorrectly without realising it. Now my only question is why do so many freight scenarios show just the empty container flats and the containers do not show ?

I know 749006 was kind enough to help me get them showing by going through several steps but I would like to know why don't they show to begin with?

Stephanie

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Hi Stephanie,

I think the default setting is unloaded so when a vehicle is placed on the track it is in that condition.

When people create a scenario they place the vehicles on the track and the "load" them in the editor.
    The vehicles can be loaded separately so you have a mix of loaded and unloaded wagons.
    Each vehicle only loads one type of cargo - container, coal, wood, steel depending how it was made.
    Some of the newer wagons have a random load feature so the load is different each time - usually car transporters

And you find reskins for the train loads - usually containers and tank wagons so you can vary what is on the train.
    European Container wagons normally have a fictitious livery because of copyright in using logos.
    The reskins bring more common liveries to the trains.

Peter

• Like Like x 1