PC New In Tsw2020 But Some Knowledge In Trains ...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StenioBlackHawnk, Jan 21, 2020.

1. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

Hi I'm new into TSW2020 and I would like some tips of what to do, mods to download, etc. Oh and btw I love American locos because here in Brazil we use same locos, so yeah ... I long time ago stopped playing TS series (514 hours in total) because some laziness, bugs, unreal sounds of the locos, so I maybe have some knowledge...

2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

TSW is hit or miss as with TS. Some good, some very much not.
    Some "mods" repaints etc, just scour the forum for them

Not as straightforward as say workshop content or having an editor (aka Voldemort, speak not its name :cool:) so its very limited once you get thru the honeymoon period

• Like Like x 1
  3. StenioBlackHawnk

I see a lack of mods for this game, but this game is 'recen' and people don't have a powerfull machine for this game or lack of editor ... And speaking about editor I see they are in WIP, do you know when the editor release the workshop will go out too?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No date yet.

5. StenioBlackHawnk

6. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

As for locos, I grew tired of some TS routes because the locos were sub par IMHO. It got to the point where I didn’t want to spend time in a scenario if I couldn’t drive or easily edit it one of my favorites such as the NS GP60 or the CSX C30-7.

In TSW, there are some locos I prefer over others, but they almost all have good physics and provide an enjoyable in cab driving experience for me.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. StenioBlackHawnk

In TS looks like the sounds (horns too) for locos is recycled, in TSW feels like I'm in another world, Im really enjoying this game! :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I've actually gone back to Open Rails, because of the lack of locos and routes, and because the physics are still appalling for long trains.

Run8 is also really good, at least in regards to the physics and the feeling of a real working railroad.

9. StenioBlackHawnk

Thanks Juxen I will take a look at those ...

Anyway I have a question, is AWS or alerter don't work? I remember when you pass a signal the train will buzz and you should press Q, this feature is broken or what?

10. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

You must switch on the system, they're off by default. How it is done varies from loco to loco of course.

11. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Like he said :). A link for most of the manuals can be found in the steam store page for that DLC if you're still unsure. I say "most" as not all of them seem to be there for whatever reason. Otherwise, you may find a thread in this forum that has a link to the one you want. If you still need help just holler.

12. StenioBlackHawnk

Thanks both!!! :D