Hi All From Malta.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Scottish Train Girl, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Scottish Train Girl

Scottish Train Girl Member

Hi everyone, I am Stephanie from Glasgow but now live on the island of Malta as I married a Malteser . My interest in Trains begun at a very young age as my father was one the financial controllers of British Railways (BR) back in the day. We moved to Long Buckby in Northamptonshire so dad could commute to BR head office easier. We where almost never off trains lol, you could even see the station from the house. Those where the days. Anyways glad to be here and hope to make friends.

Ill be found mostly on Steam with Train Simulator but sometimes ill just chill with Train Sim World on my Ps4.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Malta certainly seems like a good move for the weather. :)

3. Scottish Train Girl

For Winter it is Factor41 but don't talk to me about Summer. Way to hot and humid lol.

Stephanie

4. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Welcome, Stephanie. I'm from New Zealand and one of my Grand Fathers brothers lived in Leicester and worked for the railways and started off as a stoker in the early 1900s and finished up as a driver. I think he retired round about WW2. I had heard that he drove the Flying Scotsman but have been unable to confirm this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scottish Train Girl

Wow the Flying Scotsman eh ? Only time I have seen her or the Mallard was at the Loughborough Railways museum as a child. Beautiful locomotive. I hope one day to return home to UK and spend as much time riding charters and so on. Maybe one day I will get the chance to ride the Flying Scotsman (Been on my bucket list since I was 5 or 6 lol), Nice to meet you trev123 :)

• Like Like x 1