PC Pitch And Yaw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by peterchambers, Jan 24, 2020.

1. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

I was delighted by the introduction of "headsway". I have tried out various locos on various tracks and to me the effect is minimal most of the time and unrealistic. Even at slow speeds I expect pitch and yaw on jointed or uneven track and over points accompanied by the thud as the wheels beneath me cross joints. Even on CWT the modem DMU's can be quite lively. I realise that you are not trying to emulate "cab sway" and this may be my problem and that I may be in a minority of TSW users.

It would deeply enhance my experience and pleasure if variable cabsway could be offered, (when you can), perhaps by way of a slider. The current almost fixed moment of the vehicles takes the soul out of the sim for me.

The sim is brilliant and has a wow factor for me apart from the above aspect. None of the other so called "bugs" bother me.

2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

When I tried it the cab sway was too much, like the driver was going to be flung out of his seat!

3. peterchambers

I will look at my settings again. I was sure headsway was on.

4. peterchambers

The only relevant setting is camera sway and that has been on from the outset. Looking on these forums since headsway was introduced it seems as if I am the only one bothered so will put up and shut up.

5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I've turned this feature off for high speed runs.

Driving at 125mph, it was all over the place, you just got the feeling you were going to fly off the rails and derail at any given point.

6. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's appropriate for Electrostars or 483s though!

7. loader.tom

loader.tom Member

Being up front of an HST last year, 125 can at times feel exactly like that :D