Main Spessart Bahn Mastery Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Jan 26, 2020.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I'm trying to complete the Tier 1 challenges at Main Spessart Bahn. I gained one (1) level with the DB BR 185.2 loco (the freight one, from level 6 to level 7) but the system doesn't count it. The other challenges (tutorial, completed services) do show progress but the freight train doesn't.

I have a purple "key" icon (or whatever it is) on the thumbnail of the DB BR 185.2. It's not there on any other trains. What does that mean? Could it be related to my progress not registering? There is no other 185.2 locomotive in the game, on either of the German routes (I have both Rapid Transit and Ruhr-Sieg Nord). At first I thought it might be a DLC or something but even the DLC locos (DB BR 182 for example) don't show this purple icon. What's it for?

Thanks for any help.

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

A purple "key" icon is livery switch.
    You can select DB version from Ruhr-Sieg Nord or DB Railion from Main Spessart Bahn by pressing Q.
    20200126132952_1.jpg
    To gain level on MSB for mastery, be sure that you drive DB Railion livery.
    With new player profile you can gain two levels (from level 0 to level 2) for one drive. This is a little cheat because to gain this you need only 4000AP. If you are in high level you need up to 25000AP to gain new loco level whitch is harder.
    DTG should rework this task to gain amount of AP instead Loco Levels .

3. dreampage

Thank you! Which button switches livery on a controller? I'm playing on Xbox. :)

4. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

On Xbox, you should check the bottom navigation panel, when 185.2 is selected.
    On PC is like this, on Xbox there will be similar icon
    20200126172114_1.jpg

5. dreampage

Thank you. Yes, on Xbox it's the X button on that screen. I just never bothered with it before since I didn't know it counts for the mastery progress. I managed to do it properly this time. :)