Denied. No Route Available In A Wsr Scenario

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DAZUK74, Jan 27, 2020.

1. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

I am working through the scenarios on West Somerset Railway, I am doing the Finishing Up scenario and I have run into a problem. I am about 3/4 of the way through the scenario at the section in the schedule named Couple to Formation which requires you to couple up to a train for the second time, the next part of the schedule named Stop at Location (Bishops Lydeard Up Siding 2) which requires me to contact the signaller to pass a red light I keep getting a message saying Denied. No route available.
    I have triple checked the points which are all correct, I have changed them both from the map and manually on foot but nothing seems to work. I have also restarted the scenario 3 times and it gets stuck at this point every time.

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Is route denied perhaps because there is another service in front of you somewhere and you have to wait for that?

Are you able to share a video of how/where you get stuck? We can then perhaps have a look at it for you

• Like Like x 1
  3. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

I haven't noticed another service running because the scenario is the end of the day, your tasked into shunting a train and passenger cars around.

I can do a video and post it later.

4. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. TinTin_57

I had a look. Have you always resumed from your save at this point or have you tried to run the whole Finishing Up Scenario end to end? Reason I ask is that the game frequently performs oddly when resuming from a save.

Let me know. I may also try and run this scenario again and put it on my Youtube channel for your reference. I don't recall any issues with it when I did it though it was some time ago

• Like Like x 1
  6. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

I have run the scenario 3 times in total from new but it always gets stuck at that location. I saved the game on the 3rd attempt whilst I hunted for a fix, I will try it again for a 4th attempt from new and see if it works.

It's a long scenario at about 40 minutes long so don't go out of your way to try it.

Thanks

Daz.

7. TinTin_57

Ok I had a go earlier just past where you get Upto and it was fine. For me that’s a yellow light. But it reminded me of something else to ask you. Sometimes if you are not fast enough completing the tasks it can give you a red. In this scenario there are some manual points to do then do the rest via the map. Also when coupling and uncoupling switch to free camera and do it that way rather than getting in and out the loco each time. Saves time and worth trying. See if you then get the yellow

• Like Like x 1
  8. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

I will retry it using the information you have provided above and see if that works.

Thanks

Daz.

9. DAZUK74

DAZUK74 New Member

Thank you for your advice TinTin_57 I have finally managed to get this scenario completed.

After reading your advice I decided to try it by only manually changing all of the points rather than using the map to change some of them. By doing that the scenario completed without any other issue(s).

Thanks

Daz.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TinTin_57

Happy to help. Usually these things are something annoying such as that one

• Like Like x 1