Fishing Sim World Barbel At Waldsee

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by wolfie916, Jan 27, 2020.

1. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

DTG please take a look at night fishing for barbel, either increase the bite rate and increase the amount of fish at Waldsee or change the challenge. This has been a frustrating challenge with 1 barbel in 6 weeks. Help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Pdiggy75

Pdiggy75 Member

Well said Wolfie. This is the case in all fishing modes. It seems generally across most non-American lakes it's nigh on impossible to catch Barbel. Also the same with Pike, Catfish and Zander. Definitely an issue catching the predator fish on lures or deadbaits

3. RasRandy

RasRandy New Member

I'm working on this mastery challenge too. Do you remember what combination tempted the one you caught?

4. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Medium sweetcorn, size 8 hook, 20lb line, if I remember rightly darkest corner of the lake.

5. GeeDub438

GeeDub438 Member

Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble, but there is only 1 line you need in this game..... the 80lb Braid. Unless you are challenging yourself to try and catch fish on a lower breaking strain line, then ALWAYS use this line.

There is absolutely NO penalty applied for using higher breaking strain line, as one might reasonably expect IRL, but the truth of the matter is that it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the bite rate of fish. It will of course make a huge difference when it comes to landing them and how long it takes you though!

For those of you who don’t believe what I say, I am currently in equal 7th place in the Online Match Tournament(xbox) wiith a total of 111 fish. Guess which breaking strain line I use?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  6. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

If you feel you are enjoying the game with whatever set up you prefer that's OK, but I was not saying I was losing fish through line breaking. Fish being difficult to catch I find refining the set up can't be a bad thing

7. koffrussell

koffrussell New Member

Maximilian.png This is the only Walsee Barbel I've ever seen. And it's not mine. Working around the lake peg to peg. Trying all baits and hook sizes. Put in a ticket to Dovetail, they told me "someone would look into it". Funny how the problem fish come to light when people are doing the mastery challenges. Glad I'm not the only one. Waldsee Barbel. Williams Bluegill. Johnson Pickerel. Bane of my existence...:)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020